We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston Next weekend

PA
8 posts
Save Topic
Boston Next weekend

I am bringing my staff to Boston on Thur-Sunday for a conference. We are staying at the Hyatt Regency. Any suggestions on restaurants in China town? Also a good seafood place that locals like, not a chain restauant? What attractions should they see at this time of year?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,599 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston Next weekend

How many people are we talking about here?? Some restaurants can't handle large numbers of people. Do the restaurants need to be within walking distance? And I assume we're talking about dinner, not lunch. Yes?

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston Next weekend

Ok, I know you say no chains BUT we locals like Legal Seafoods. They are used to accomadating business groups. It may be a chain but it's our chain. And it's good.

Level Contributor
83 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston Next weekend

Hi! If you are in town for Yankee, try Legal Seafoods. There is one in the Prudential Center and one in Copley Place, all connected to where Hynes Convention Center is, so you won't even have to go outside (maybe good for lunch, but make reservations... every dental office in NE will be there for lunch!). Also, Abe and Louies is nearby and very nice (but a bit pricey). For a nice night out, and to venture outside of the area you are in, go to the North End (Little Italy) for dinner. My favorite is Monica's or Giacomo's (Giacomo's in the North End doesn't take resv, so could be tricky with a big group) but you can't go wrong with most of the restraunts in the North End.

I've never been to China town, although I live in Boston. Its not that safe in a lot of areas.

Boston
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston Next weekend

There are a lot of good restaurant in Chinatown, which is right outside the doors of the Hyatt Regency. My 3 favorites are Peach Farm, East Ocean City and Grand Chau Chow. 10best.com/Boston/…index.html

There are about as many restaurants in Chinatown as there are in the Northend.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
307 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boston Next weekend

Grand Chau Chow at 45 Beach Street in Chinatown is only about a 5 minute walk from the Hyatt and the food is always outstanding. It consistently gets Best of Boston chinese restauant awards. It has zero atmosphere, although they do use pink linens in the evening and the staff is smartly dressed in white shirts and black vests. You`d think that with the huge amount of business this place does that they could refurbish, but I guess that`s part of its charm. There is a huge menu and they specialize in seafood which will be evident from the huge fish tanks on the premises. You can point and choose the fish or lobster that you`d like and it will be quickly and expertly prepared for you so you know it`s fresh.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boston Next weekend

Hi,

Although my favorite restaurant in Chinatown is Peach Farm, I don't know that I'd recommend it here. It 's got less than no atmosphere, and it's small and cramped. I wouldn't bring a large group there, and probably wouldn't bring out of towners, who might not be comfortable with the "less than spotless" atmosphere.

I'd recommend Grand Chou Chou as mentioned, or Jumbo seafood. Both have much nicer environments, and very good food, and can accommodate larger groups. The seafood at either of these places is also excellent.

For a more traditional seafood restaurant, Legal is excellent and would work out well for you. Another option is Skipjack's, on Clarendon St. Also, there' s the Atlantic Fish Company, on Boylston St., across from the Hynes.

7. Re: Boston Next weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 16, 2009