We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Everett and Saugus

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Everett and Saugus

We will be staying at Copley Square Hotel and I am hoping it will be possible to get to Saugus or Everett by public transport? Or failing that will a taxi be really out of the question cost wise?

I am into scrapbooking and really want to visit a store whilst over there!

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,148 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Everett and Saugus

Try looking at this webpage: www.mbta.com. It's the "T"'s webpage. I'm sure that you will find that you can get to Saugus and Everett by using a combination of the subway or commuter rail and perhaps, a bus. The Boston metro area is well-blanketed with various forms of public transportation.

Level Contributor
421 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Everett and Saugus

I would suggest that you e-mail the store you would like to visit, as they would hopefully know the bus route number(s) which stop nearby. There are probably busses that run from Boston to the downtown Saugus/Everett areas, and there is also an orange line (MBTA) train stop in Malden and the prior stop at Wellington, where lots of busses depart for neighboring towns. The Back Bay orange line stop is convenient to copley square. If you have the time to spend a morning or afternoon exploring the suburbs of Boston on your scrapbook mission, this would be a great way to see how normal people live :). If you are tight on time and have a big budget, take a taxi, but it would probably be a 30 minute ride each way, depending on traffic/time of day. I'm not sure if we can list private vendors on this site, but there are scrapbook websites which sell supplies (I get mine from a scrapbook consultant who works for one of these companies), and they might be able to ship to the UK. Of course, nothing compares to seeing and touching the supplies in a store :). Have a great trip!

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Everett and Saugus

Thanks for these suggestions.

Bostonbased - I have already placed an order for a delivery of goods to our hotel, but as you say IRL is always better. I am also not sure if you are allowed to post Vendors names on this site, but having done a search, I have found stores in Weymouth, Wakefield and Sudbury these are dedicated scrapping stores I believe. If you know of them and can recommend a particular one I'd be grateful. I also would like to find a large chain craft store beginning with 'M' and think this may be in Saugus and Everett.

This trip is going to be an adventure. I think we'll try public transport and if if all goes horribly wrong, grab a taxi!