We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Event Parking at TD Banknorth Garden?? Please help

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
308 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Event Parking at TD Banknorth Garden?? Please help

Parking at the Government Center garage costs $20 during an event night .. I heard the MBTA parking lot at North station is also an alternative.. does anyone know the rate during an evening event (Disney on Ice)?

Thanks in advance..

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,729 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Event Parking at TD Banknorth Garden?? Please help

Hi,

Any of the garages right around the Garden are going to be $20 for event parking.

If you are willing to take a 10-15 minute walk, and also avoid some of the after event traffic jam, park at the Pi Alley parking garage on Washington St. It's a flat $10 for evening and weekends.

http://www.pialleygarage.com

Boston
Level Contributor
381 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Event Parking at TD Banknorth Garden?? Please help

If you've got little kids along for the Disney on Ice event, it can be a pain to get to the further-away places or take the T but I've been on the Red Line with families returning from Garden events, so I know it's done. I think it's one of those things: one school of thought is to live it up a little and pay the $20-rate (you'll be paying $3- a coke, $5- hot dogs, $10 program books, $15- mouse ears) and enjoy the close proximity of the $20- spot. The other, of course, is that considering how much everything else will cost, it's worth it to take the T from the burbs or walk to Pi Alley or the Common....

Hanover...
Level Contributor
27 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Event Parking at TD Banknorth Garden?? Please help

You can also valet park at a place like Joe Tecce's for $7 - $10, have a great meal, and then walk over to the Garden for the show. I have done this several times and have never been disappointed with my meal or the parking arrangements.

Otherwise, $20 parking is about average near the Garden... there are a bunch of lots in and around that area - some more than $20, few (if any) less...

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Event Parking at TD Banknorth Garden?? Please help

Be careful with validated parking. Often there's a time limitation. If you exceed it, the regular rates apply for the whole time (not just the "added" time). I've seen mostly 3 hours max, which probably wouldn't do for both dinner and an event.

5. Re: Event Parking at TD Banknorth Garden?? Please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, August 22, 2009