We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Boston-Orlando flight

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
iowa
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Cheap Boston-Orlando flight

I will be in Boston for a conference in April (leaving from Iowa) and then would like to meet my family in Orlando for a Disney trip. Are there airlines that run cheap flights from Boston to Orlando? Something similar to Allegiant Airlines, which flies out of the Midwest and West mostly to Orlando and Vegas. Would need a one-way ticket. JetBlue wants $400! Any ideas? Thanks.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,523 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Boston-Orlando flight

Try AirTran

Boston
Level Contributor
381 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Boston-Orlando flight

Try searching via Sidestep (www.sidestep.com).

AirTran might have something.

Southwest runs cheap flights out of Providence, but that involves train/bus/car to Providence... about 1.5 hrs south.

If it's school vacation time, you might not find much of a deal though.

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Boston-Orlando flight

Try doing a search using web site www.ITAsoftware.com. You can not purchase tickets on the site, but it should help you in locating the best price. On the first page of the site, click on "looking for airfares?" on the right side of the page. On the next page, click on "Guest user". (This site does not list all airlines... Southwest and I think Jet Blue are not on the site)

I would suggest checking alternate nearby airports and alternate days too. That can make a huge difference.

On the Boston end, check MHT (Manchester, NH) and PVD (Providence, RI), if you can reasonably get to those.

On the Orlando end, check out TPA (Tampa, FL). The hour to hour and 20 min drive might be well worth it if the price is right.

If it is school vacation week, you are going to see extreemly high prices on this route!

Westernmass

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Boston-Orlando flight

On November 20th this past month Allegiant Air resumed service between Portsmouth, NH and Orlando on Mondays and Thursdays. Go to thier site AllegiantAir.com for more flight information. Portsmouth International Airport (PSM) is conveniently located off Interstate 95, it's only 50 miles from the major cities of Boston, Portland, and Manchester. PSM provides a new international/domestic passenger terminal and offers FREE parking, no traffic hassles and all the amenities of a small New England town.

It's a straight drive up I-95 as a matter of fact, there's no headaches with traffic or anything like that, plus there's free parking which is a really good deal. That is IF you were going to rent a car or try to get transportation to get there? The air fare with Allegiant Air is unbelievably good for Orlando right now. SO many people are using this airline because of it, you'd be surprised. Give them a call to see if they can help you out? 800 359-7262.

Here's two sites to read about them as well:

www.flypanam.com

www.peasedev.org

Good luck!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,946 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap Boston-Orlando flight

Yeah i would try Air Tran ,Delta is high but you mite find a good deal,or as other post say,if you fly out of Providence you mite find a better deal,unless you go during april school vacation.

Boston...
Level Contributor
62 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap Boston-Orlando flight

Agree ... check Providence on Southwest airlines ...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap Boston-Orlando flight

There are more Southwest flights available -- on the couple of April dates I picked at random, not knowing exactly what day you're thinking of -- out of Manchester, NH than Providence... and as of right now, the Manchester flights are a little cheaper. Plus, there is now a FREE shuttle bus between Boston and the Manchester airport for airline passengers:

flymanchester.com/transportation/shuttle_ser…

May I also suggest you check back in at JetBlue's website? As with Southwest, the April fares vary, but tonight there are nonstop, 1-way fares during Easter week for as little as $124 :-)

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap Boston-Orlando flight

def. try jetblue , they are the best.........

Beverly, MA
Level Contributor
558 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap Boston-Orlando flight

I have found Southwest to have the best rates but as others have said they leave from Manchester, NH. Just a thought if you can leave from there. Check out all of the sites.....Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, etc. Prices change all of the time. Do your homework.

Good luck.

PlayaBoy

10. Re: Cheap Boston-Orlando flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:34 am, August 17, 2009