We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Nights???

UK
Level Contributor
968 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
3 Nights???

Hi,

Posted earlier in the year regarding 5 days in Boston, for one reason and another could not book at the time. Now have an offer to fly to Boston 1st weekend of March 07, arrive Friday 12:55 (hopefully), then stay at Jurys hotel, still can not beleive price. Then fly out on the Monday at 20:25. I think after customs etc, we should be at the hotel about 3:00 and on the Monday not have to leave until 16:00. Will we be able to see enough, given that the weather may not be great?

We want to do some of shopping, hopefully exchange rate will be as good as now, but that will mainly be Macy's and A+F, the Freedom Trail, and look at some of the architechture, and visit some of the brew pubs. We will possibly see the museums, but we have some good ones here, so they are not top of the list.

Really, will we have enough time to do Boston justice, I may be able to travel Thursday, but do not have much holiday to play with next year.

Thanks for all help.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,599 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Nights???

If you're willing to put up with the weather, there will be plenty to see. March is an in-between month. It could be the final vestiges of winter or it could be the beginning of spring. Or both - maybe in the same weekend!! The weather could be great (or not).

Dress in layers. Take a waterproof jacket, a sweater or two, a hat or umbrella. Also bring good walking shoes and your camera, of course. There's a lot to see and the downtown area is very walkable.

UK
Level Contributor
968 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Nights???

Thanks Alanm,

Weather not a problem at all, would prob prefer it to be on the cold side, more excuses to "warm up" in a bar!

Just a bit worried about not seing enough, but I suppose if we like it enough we can retuen, not sure I will get Jurys for 60 odd dollars again though, this is tied in with the flight.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,599 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Nights???

You're right. $60ish is really a deal. I think you'll be able to see what you want without undue pressure, given that you won't have the added time constraint of lots of museums.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 Nights???

I think you will have a great time. I took one of the Boston walking tours from the tourist office on the common close to down town. The guides dress in period costume and are really informative and bring Bostons history to life.

As I said in a previous post if you do not have a US passport take it when you go to Macys, go to gift wrap where they will give you a card that allows you 11% off everything in the store even sail items. I went in October and bought short sleeved shirts for my husband that were already 65% off and got another 11%. Which is good if you live like us in the sun.

Boston
Level Contributor
381 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 Nights???

If you're short on time, I'd recommend taking one of those comprehensive trolley tours that cover the whole city as soon as you can. That way you can get an idea of the overall choices and spend the following days accordingly.

If you'd like to do shopping, be sure to check out Filene's Basement at Downtown Crossing. The North End is lovely for cappuccino and Italian pastry--not to mention dinner. The South End is artsy and full of good restaurants. There's lots to see and do. More shopping up at the Prudential and down in Faneuil Hall. Hope you have a great time!