We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for the Hahvahd TOUR

St. Augustine, FL
Level Contributor
49 posts
78 reviews
Parking for the Hahvahd TOUR

Where should we park the car for the Hahvahd tour? Is there someplace nearby?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,422 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Parking for the Hahvahd TOUR

There is a garage in the Charles hotel. You might get lucky and find a meter. Which day of the week are you going?

Do you plan to do anything in Boston that day? It might be easier to leave the car in a Boston garage and ride the subway to Harvard square

Edited: 9:25 pm, May 09, 2015
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
5,705 posts
133 reviews
2. Re: Parking for the Hahvahd TOUR

There is the Charles Hotel parking garage, there is a parking lot on Church Street which is just off Harvard Sq., and there is a garage on the corner of Eliot St and JFK St. Metered parking in the square is hard to come by, especially with many spaces taken up by construction right now, and limited to 2 hours (they ticket you after that). They are all relatively expensive but that's Cambridge. If you are staying in a hotel somewhere, consider taking a cab to the Admissions Office.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,742 posts
1 review
3. Re: Parking for the Hahvahd TOUR

Parking will cost you $30-40.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,428 posts
217 reviews
4. Re: Parking for the Hahvahd TOUR

Parking in Harvard Square....lol! Finding an on-street spot is like hitting the lottery. Be prepared to pay. If you can take the T, do so.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,343 posts
1 review
5. Re: Parking for the Hahvahd TOUR

In addition to parking issues mentioned also factor in that traffic/congestion and confusing small sometimes one way streets* can add to the fun of driving into Harvard Sq.

*Getting into the Sq. is fairly simple from most directions but driving around looking for a specific address in or close to the sq can be confusing and frustrating.

So yes, definitely consider the Red Line. That will be really easy if you're staying in Boston. If you want to say where you'd be starting from I'm sure someone can off specifics.

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,999 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: Parking for the Hahvahd TOUR

If I'm guessing correctly, you will be coming up from Cape Cod for the day. If so, I would suggest parking at the Quincy Adams "T" station and taking the Red Line straight into Harvard Square. Oh, and pretty much everyone pronounces both "r"s in Harvard. I recommend against attempting to sound like Cubby Herlihy during your visit.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,580 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Parking for the Hahvahd TOUR

LMM- unfortunately, that is what the tour is named and how they spell it. It's a tour conducted by students, not an official Harvard University campus tour. At least that's what I think the OP is referencing.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,428 posts
217 reviews
8. Re: Parking for the Hahvahd TOUR

LMM at Harvard you may or may not find the Southie/Dot "Hahvid" pronunciation but you could possibly find the Brahmin Haaaahvad pronunciation... You'll hear "Harrrrrvarrrd" among students and wannabes from other parts of the US , plus lots of other versions reflective of all the various home countries of international students and faculty from other places.

However you pronounce it, it is a nightmare to drive in Harvard Square.

9. Re: Parking for the Hahvahd TOUR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:02 am, May 18, 2015
Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,999 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: Parking for the Hahvahd TOUR

Well, at least a Brazilian got my reference. ;)