We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston - Budget Parking needed for 4 nights!

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Boston - Budget Parking needed for 4 nights!

I'm in Boston (Back Bay for 4 nights), tried but failed to arrange 1 way car hire (coming from Newark and returning the car on Manhattan complicated things!), so I need somewhere to leave a hire car for 4 nights - any suggestions would be welcome, I read on an old thread that MTBA had parking at only charged $5 out of the city, but I can't find where these are? Any similar ideas or any suggestions where to leave the car faily safely and accessibly for the time would be appreciated. I don't expect we'll need the car in the time in Boston! I Don't mind travelling a little...

If it helps we are there 22nd - 26th October and staying at the Hilton back bay (who charge $35+ per day).

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,360 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston - Budget Parking needed for 4 nights!

There are parking lots along the green line, red line, and orange line (Riverside, Alewife, Sullivan Stations) that may be good for you. I do not know the overnight parking policy so I'll direct you to www.mbta.com, the Massachusetts transit website. Their Central Parking phone number is 617-695-6356. Also, at the Anderson Commuter Rail Station (Woburn) there is a Logan Express terminal. Parking there is $11 a day or $66 for the week. You could park your car there and take the commuter rail back in to the city. (last stop North Station)

Boston
Level Contributor
381 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston - Budget Parking needed for 4 nights!

You can park at Wollaston or North Quincy...all along the Red Line... for $3-/day but i'm not sure about overnight parking.

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston - Budget Parking needed for 4 nights!

Thanks, I gave them a call - it seems I can park at Alewife for $5/day and leave the car there for up to 7 nights.

Thanks for the help - I'm all set for the holiday now.

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston - Budget Parking needed for 4 nights!

Just got back, and parked at Sulivan Sq. for $3.50/day. Overnight wasn't a problem. Just pay in advance. Much better than $39/day at the Marriott Copley. Take the Orange Line from Copley Square, and it'll take maybe 10 min.

5. Re: Boston - Budget Parking needed for 4 nights!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, August 24, 2009