We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will Boston hotel rates drop before March?

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Will Boston hotel rates drop before March?

Hi - my family and I are planning a trip to Boston March 14-19th. I was hoping for some good hotel rates but they're pretty high - do any of you frequent travellers know if there may be deals between now and then? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,690 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will Boston hotel rates drop before March?

Probably not for those dates. St Patrick's Day (March 17) is a popular time to visit Boston. The parade is the 15th. On top of that, there is a large convention. The Seafood Expo/seafood processors convention is from the 15th-17th and is expecting 18,000 attendees.

How many people are in your family and how many beds do you need? (Can two people what one bed?) What is the maximum that you are willing to.pay per night, before adding approximately 15% tax?

Edited: 12:01 pm, December 28, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,690 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will Boston hotel rates drop before March?

Can you move the trip?. I am seeing some good rates for available hotels on http://www.lastminutetravel.com for 2 adults and two kids (I used ages 10 and 12) arriving on March 21 and departing on March 26, including The Revere for $169 and the Wyndham Beacon Hill for $107.

Mentioned in this post
Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill
Wyndham Boston Beacon...
2,402 Reviews
Boston, MA
Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will Boston hotel rates drop before March?

I'm seeing the Park Plaza at $79+ and the Parker House at $109+ on Groupon, right now. It doesn't get much better than that.

[I have no connection with Groupon or the hotels.]

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,690 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will Boston hotel rates drop before March?

Firewood .... I am not a groupon user. How did you find those deals ... I can find a deal foe hotel commonwealth but the dates around 3/17 are blacked out. When I search for hotels in Boston, that is the only Boston hotel that comes up ..... i get Maine nd NYC and Providence.

Please educate me!!

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Maine
Maine
United States
Providence
Providence
Rhode Island
Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will Boston hotel rates drop before March?

Oh ..... not that late in March.

@Forgotmypword, I subscribe to Groupon's and LivingSocial' (and Yipit's etc. etc.) mailings for Boston.

Edited: 9:55 pm, December 28, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will Boston hotel rates drop before March?

I thought I could only pull up the email, but here it is as a web page...

www.groupon.com/getaways…

(Again, I don't work for them!)

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,690 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will Boston hotel rates drop before March?

Oh...I see now ... If I keep scrolling through the offers, I see other Boston things. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Will Boston hotel rates drop before March?

Forgot == those are fabulous deals! Hope someone is able to take advantage of them!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Will Boston hotel rates drop before March?

Thanks folks - we have to go that week because it's March break for my kids, and we're driving so we have to be able to cancel/change in case bad weather delays us or we have to leave early to avoid delays on the way home. I expected that we'd pay around $1500 for five nights but hoped it would be at a really nice place - this is kind of a "splurge" trip. :-) I booked at the Revere ($1700) but I'll keep looking and hoping I'll get something nice but cheaper. The Revere seems nice - is it a place two teenage girls would feel sophisticated at?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,690 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Will Boston hotel rates drop before March?

The Revere is a good choice. It was completely gutted and renovated just a few years ago. it has queen-sized beds (some other hotels have smaller double beds), and I think most (maybe all?) of the rooms have balconies.

Happy Planning!