We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reunion help, please -- cosmetics "make-over" :-)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
reunion help, please -- cosmetics "make-over" :-)

Will be traveling to Boston in several weeks for 30th-year reunion at the Ritz Carlton on Arlington St. I rarely wear makeup, so this seems a fitting occasion for a "make--over"... e.g., facial, manicure & makeup application. Not that I think I can knock 30 years off my appearance, but think it would be fun to try! I will be staying at the Boston Yacht Haven on Commercial Wharf, and would welcome recommendations for a salon which provides such services, especially around there or in the area between it and the Ritz. THANKS

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reunion help, please -- cosmetics "make-over" :-)

There's a salon that's located at 125 Broad St. in the Financial District, not too far from Commercial St. at all, it's within walking distance. It operates as a New York SOHO style beauty and fashion center. They have make up artists there and hair stylists etc..

You can look at their site to decide if this is where you'd want to go:

www.maksou.com

I'm sure there's more of them out there, especially on Newbury St., but this one lately has our curiosity going! Let us know what you find out....

Good luck!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reunion help, please -- cosmetics "make-over" :-)

THANK YOU, NoMo -- that does look like a definite possibility! Have you heard anything about Frances Ray Jules' salon which has garnered very positive reviews at CitySearch?

Newton, MA
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: reunion help, please -- cosmetics "make-over" :-)

I am a fan of TLC on cable... and they have hosted their "A Makeover Story" in Boston a few times... the salons they used have been Dellaria Salon - on Comm Ave, Beaucage Salon - on Newbury Street, and Maksou - on Broad Street.... I would trust them, I think... if a popular TV show picked them...? Maksou looks promising... I guess it depends how much you want to spend!

I would love to do that some day! Have you ever seen their show "10 Years younger" ?

Hope this helps...

Good luck! Have a blast!

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reunion help, please -- cosmetics "make-over" :-)

Calvinmum,

Thanks for sharing that about Miksou and the other shops, that was interesting to hear that about them, that's certainly good news for Boston, those type of shows usually go to LA and New York 9 times out of 10! I had a funny feeling that Miksou might be a "good one" I'm keeping that one on the back burner for down the road, let me tell you. My friends and I were wondering about it for the longest time!

Cocklecove,

I just read that site this minute on the shop you were asking about, I never heard of it myself but I'm sure a lot of people have. I'll tell you something, that's another one I'm going to be putting on the back burner for down the road! I'm going to remember this one GOOD! WOW, that owner of the shop certainly has outstanding credentials! I like the fact that they're in Boston right on Portland St. near North Station, how convenient is that, also that there's one in Somerville and what I'm really psyched about is that they're hoping to open a shop in Andover, what good news, I hope they do because I'd go there in a heartbeat, it's so close. I'm writing both of these shops in my directory right this second, thanks for this one, I appreciate it and GOOD LUCK wherever you end up!

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
New York
New York
United States
Somerville
Somerville
Massachusetts
Andover
Andover
Massachusetts
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reunion help, please -- cosmetics "make-over" :-)

I'd also recommend Giuliano Day Spa. It's at the other end of Back Bay (on Newbury Street, near Mass Ave), but that's really not very far. They do makeup applications, make up lessons, and all the usual spa treatments.

Mentioned in this post
Back Bay
Back Bay
432 Reviews
Boston, MA
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reunion help, please -- cosmetics "make-over" :-)

I'm loving this feedback, thanks :-)

7. Re: reunion help, please -- cosmetics "make-over" :-)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, August 20, 2009