We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near the Fleet Center

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CT
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near the Fleet Center

I'm heading up to Boston to see a concert on a Monday night. Any suggestions for reasonably priced hotels within walking distance of the Fleet Center? Thanks!

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,849 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near the Fleet Center

Hi,

Well, depends on your definition of Reasonably Priced.

Try the John Jeffries House, which is a short walk to the TD Banknorth Garden (It's no longer called the Fleet Center, by the way).

http://www.johnjeffrieshouse.com

Other than that, if your definition of "reasonable" goes as high as $275-$300/night, you could try the Clarion Bulfinch hotel, or the Kimpton Onyx hotel, both of which are a couple of blocks from the Garden.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near the Fleet Center

Try Shawmut Inn, also there is a Holiday Inn on Blossom Street, that's a 15 minute walk.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near the Fleet Center

Beantownman,

The John Jeffries Hotel is evidently managed by the Mass Eye & Ear Hospital and according to sources at the MGH it's used quite a bit by a lot of family members, where it's so close to the hospital. I guess they have quite a lot of hotels that both the MGH and the Mass Eye & Ear utilize but this is one that they actually manage and it's the closest. A lot of their patients need this facility for over night stays, quite a bit when there's surgeries scheduled. I'm thinking Trip Advisor posters are probably not even aware of that, were you? Because when I heard that one, I almost died because all of us here on TA have been recommending it left and right, like there's no tomorrow! If this is the case with it, then I'm wondering if it's probably NOT a good idea to keep recommending this hotel all the time to people, due to this? They'd certainly need it for things much more serious than a vacation stay, wouldn't you think?

Well if you guys don't stop recommending the place, I know one thing about it? I'm certainly NOT going to be recommending it after being told that about it, any time soon!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,424 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near the Fleet Center

NoMo01,

While I certainly understand where you're coming from, I wouldn't hastily jump to conclusions. Their web site indicates that:

"The John Jeffries House provides accommodations to patients and families attending to the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary and the other world-famous hospitals in the area and to visitors of our many educational institutions, as well as to travelers seeking a Bed and Breakfast Inn located at the foot of historic Beacon Hill, and within the heart of Boston. "

I think we should let them manage how they operate their inn and determine what proportion they designate will be patients and their families. I think it's a little presumptuous of us to do that.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,349 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near the Fleet Center

Not sure of the prices but there is a Marriot Residence Inn a short walk across a bridge in Charlestown. The Onyx Hotel and I think another called the Shawmut Inn are very close to the Garden. I think the Shawmut Inn is supposed to be reasonably priced.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,849 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near the Fleet Center

NoMo,

Obviously, you should do what you feel is best, but as far as I know, it's a hotel like any other in town, and if they need to reserve rooms for patients at MGH, they are very capable of doing so by not renting them out to non-patients.

If someone calls and they are booked, it could be because they are truely booked, or because all the rooms available for non-patients are booked. I don't think that needs to be a concern of ours. I'll still recommend them, as it's a great inexpensive alternative to most lodgings downtown.

7. Re: Hotel near the Fleet Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, August 21, 2009