We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Billerica to Boston

UK
9 posts
Save Topic
Billerica to Boston

am making first trip to boston and staying at the Wyndham Billerica Hotel. What is the easiest way to get into the city on public transport? Gion gwiht my parent s who are inthe thier 60s and first trip to nthe US -what would be the "must see" places to visit and is there anywhere we should avoid.

thanks

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,429 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Billerica to Boston

The Lowell Commuter Rail Line passes through Billerica, but I'm not sure how close to the hotel it passes. (see mbta.com for schedule) The hotel does offer an on-demand shuttle to "local attractions". I'm not sure exactly what they are, but I suppose the "T" station should be one of them. However, that would probably mean a taxi on your return.

If you have a rental car, which you would probably need in Billerica anyway, then you can drive to the Train Station. That may be your best bet, but stay tuned as other folks chime in.

As afar as "must sees", there are plenty. Check out the Trip Advisor "Attractions" and "Overview" sections. Nothing you need to avoid, although the Freedom Trail can be rather strenuous walking, so your folks would need to be in decent condition. Try the Duck Tour or one of the Trolley Tours to begin your stay, so that you can get a sense of what's in the city and where your interests lie.

You'll really enjoy it.

Mentioned in this post
Billerica
Billerica
Massachusetts
Freedom Trail
Freedom Trail
14,292 Reviews
Boston, MA
2. Re: Billerica to Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, August 24, 2009