We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget hotel not too far from the Logan airport - north

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
60 posts
525 reviews
Save Topic
Budget hotel not too far from the Logan airport - north

In order to use our sky miles we had to book a flight arriving in Boston at 11:30 pm on Sunday, April 8th (which it turns out is Easter). We just need a place to stay for the night. We're hoping to find someplace not too far from the airport due to the late hour. We'll be arriving from Utah so it will really be like 9:30 for us, but still hate to drive too long that late. We're heading north toward Maine the next day. I found a Super 8 for $79 in Watertown but that's not really on our way. Any suggestions?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget hotel not too far from the Logan airport - north

You could begin with the Hampton Inn, which is on Rt. 1A north just about a mile from Logan. From there you could try the Comfort Inn on Rt 60, which is about 2 miles or so from the airport. I don't know prices - but at least you'll be north of the city and able to get to Maine with little problem.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget hotel not too far from the Logan airport - north

There's a Holiday Inn on Rte 1 about 15 miles from Boston and Logan, in fact it's actually closer than the Hampton Inn and the Comfort Inn. It's running roughly $85 to $109 a night according to the reviews on it. There's a Carrabba's Italian Grille right next to it and within walking distance is a Bertucci's Restaurant & Pizzeria.

It's located on US Rte 1 NORTH & US 128 NORTH @ 1 Newbury St. in Peabody, MA. You could give them a call to see what it would be a night. 978 535-4600. From Logan it would be a straight run up to Rte 1., where this Holiday Inn is located. It's on the right hand side as you're driving up Rte 1, just before you see the turn off for 128 you'll get over to the right lane here for the parking lot that you can't miss before the road splits. It can be a little tricky here, just be careful getting over. Look at Mapquest for how many miles it is from Logan. If you're on Rte 1 and you pass a destination, don't worry about it, just keep driving and get off at the next exit, NOT 128 that will only confuse you even more trying to figure out how to get back. Just stay on Rte 1 if you pass the Holiday Inn and at the next few exits just take it to come around Rte 1 SOUTH, and go beyond the Holiday Inn, you'll see it on the left of the road, but you won't be able to get over there, so take the exit ramp that comes up next on Rte 1 SOUTH to get back over to Rte 1 NORTH. It's easy once you figure it out, honest, it's really not that bad!

OR

Less than 2 miles from Logan is the Suburban Extended Stay located at 312 Shirley St. in Winthrop, MA you could give them a call to book a room 617 539-9499. Some of the reviews say the rooms were $99 a night. You just have to call their front desk for good directions from the airport, it might be a little confusing when you leave Logan, it might NOT be for you!

The Springhill Suites by Marriott is in Peabody, you could call them to see what they'd charge a night. 800 664-6835. They're located at 43 Newbury St. Rte 1North, again call them directly and make them give you good directions from Logan.

If you wanted to drive further up Rte 1 you'd pick up I-95 you could stay at the Garrison Inn? It's located at 11 Brown Sq. right in Newburyport. You could look at their site to see what you think, it's quite nice, I know you want a budget place, but this would be ideal because you'd then only be 45 minutes from Logan and I-95 is right there to pick it up for the drive up further to Maine in the morning. Here's their site to check it out:

www.garrisoninn.com

David's Tavern is here and you could check out Newburyport on your way up to Maine...Go to this site any way and see if there's other places that might appeal to you:

www.newburyportma.com

Check Orbitz, there's good rates for the Red Roof Inn located at 920 Broadway in Saugus, it's roughly 10 miles from Logan, again call their front desk for exact directions to this Inn. The rates are running $75 a night.

If you drove from Logan all the way to York, ME, about an hour drive you'd save if you booked the Econo-Lodge located at 2 Brickyard Lane in York. It's running $59 a night, now there's a bargain for you....

GOOD LUCK!

Boston, Mass.
Level Contributor
913 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget hotel not too far from the Logan airport - north

There is a Holiday Inn just north of Logan Airport probably only a mile north on Route 1A.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,333 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget hotel not too far from the Logan airport - north

Given all those fine suggestions after flying almost all across the country, I hope that you'll be able to spend at least a little time in Boston. It would be a shame, given that you're so close. It's a great city.

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
60 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget hotel not too far from the Logan airport - north

Thank you all for your help. We're coming back for my husband's 28th Boston Marathon so we will be returning to the Boston area the Friday before the race. We agree there's a lot to do there but after more than 28 trips to the Boston area we've about seen what there is that we want to see. We still enjoy walking the Freedom trail and spending a few days there but also enjoy seeing the surrounding area. After checking everywhere we could think of as far as "chains", it looks like the Marriott Courtyard is the best deal. We can get an advance purchase room there (senior rate) for $89. Thanks again for your input!

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget hotel not too far from the Logan airport - north

Keep looking Saxey I would't pesonally stay at that property( I'm assuming the one on rte.1 Broadway) Any deals at the Wyndam Chelsea?? close to Logan and on your way north.

7. Re: Budget hotel not too far from the Logan airport - north

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 21, 2009