We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 hour layover in Boston this weekend

St. Louis
Level Contributor
5 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
4 hour layover in Boston this weekend

My friend and I will be arriving at Logan on Saturday about 2:30 p.m. and our flight to Paris doesn't depart until 6:30 p.m. Is there anything we can do in or around Boston during that time or should we just hang out in the airport? Any suggestions appreciated!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,626 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 hour layover in Boston this weekend

That's not a big window of time, but I do have a suggestion. There is a Water Taxi that services the Airport and Downtown (like Rowes Wharf). If you take the Courtesy Bus marked "Boat Dock", you can pick up the taxi there. It's about a 10 minute trip across. You can buy a round-trip ticket for $17 each and make arrangements for your return while you're with them. There is a phone at the dock to call them if they happen to be on the other side. Just be careful with your time. You probably can have at least an hour in the city and see Rowes Wharf, Quincy Market, etc.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,626 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 hour layover in Boston this weekend

Here's the website for the Water Taxi:

http://www.roweswharfwatertaxi.com/

Boston, Mass.
Level Contributor
913 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 hour layover in Boston this weekend

If the weather cooperates and you don't want to risk the water taxi, you can hop a shuttle to the Hyatt Harborside which is at the airport and sit outside on their waterfront patio for lunch and drinks with great views of downtown Boston. It is the hotel with the large lighthouse tower.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
5 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 hour layover in Boston this weekend

Thanks for the great ideas...I've made notes!

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,839 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 hour layover in Boston this weekend

u could take the airport shuttle to the subway line to govt. centre / Faneuil Hall - or just plain taxi it for like $20 each way

what carrier are you taking to Paris? if it's NWA, there's a rarely used security checkpoint I always use to BREEEEZE thru security - zero lines.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,626 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 hour layover in Boston this weekend

Just so you're not surprised, there's a $6.50 "adder" to taxi fares leaving Logan Airport to cover tools and airport fees. This is in addition to the meter fare.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,626 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 hour layover in Boston this weekend

A typo in my previous post. Sorry. No tools are necessary.

Just so you're not surprised, there's a $6.50 "adder" to taxi fares leaving Logan Airport to cover tolls and airport fees. This is in addition to the meter fare.

8. Re: 4 hour layover in Boston this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, August 22, 2009