We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

back bay restaurant tonight

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
11 posts
Save Topic
back bay restaurant tonight

I'm visiting Boston for a month. My boyfriend is working today until bout 8pm tonight.

Can anyone recommend a restaurant in Back Bay for tonight where we can wind down as well as havoign good food.

So far we've eaten in Match, sonsie, luigi's on newbury st, Kashmir, top of the hub, trident bookstore,

Anyone got any other recommendations for the back bay?

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,838 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: back bay restaurant tonight

Hi,

Generally speaking, I hate dining in Back Bay. It really has the largest concentration of overpriced, underperforming restaurants in the city.

However, if you are not able to go elsewhere, there are a few places I can recommend:

Laurel, on Berkeley St. is a very nice "new American" place with very good food, and reasonable prices. They also take reservations:

http://www.laurelgrillandbar.com/

Casa Romero on Gloucester St. is a very pretty restaurant with decent renditions of Mexican food and good drinks.

Firefly, which is on Dartmouth St., next to Neiman Marcus, has a more casual atmosphere, and the food is pretty good.

One block down from that is Prairie Star, on the corner of Dartmouth and Columbus (yes, TECHNICALLY the South End, but close enough). They do decent Tex-mex food and good Margaritas.

For seafood, try either Skipjacks on Clarendon St., or the Atlantic Fish Company, on Boylston St.

For Indian food, I recommend the India Quality House, on Commonwealth Ave, near Kenmore Sq.

Boston
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: back bay restaurant tonight

Thanks beantownman, I will check them all out.

My boyfriends apartment is in the backbay and want to dine close to home tonight as he left for work at 5.15 this morning and won't be home until about 8pm or later even though his work place is a few mins down the road so want to stay close to home tongiht. I promise we do venture out of back bay most of the time :)

Thanks again

3. Re: back bay restaurant tonight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, August 17, 2009