We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another question about Fenway...

Belding, Michigan
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Another question about Fenway...

I've been looking on Stubhub.com thanks to your suggestions to find tickets to a Sox game while we are in town.

There seems to be tickets available for the Field Box area. Can anyone explain where that area is and what the views are like? Are they obstructed views?

Two of the options are Field Box 42 row 46 and Field Box 43 row 41.

Can anyone tell me if these are decent seats??

Thanks!

Belding, Michigan
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another question about Fenway...

Also, these tickets are for $40 each at Stubhub.com. Is this too good to be true?

From these forums I have gathered that this is a reliable site but I just looked on the red sox website and it says that these tickes go for $90 each.

Should I do it?

Boston, Mass.
Level Contributor
913 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another question about Fenway...

My guess is that they are bleacher seats based on the price and section numbers.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another question about Fenway...

HI.

I'm going to second Spike1958's guess and say they are most likely Bleacher seats. First, there isn't 46 and 41rows in the Field Box area, and there are definitely no obstructed views in the Field Box area--the seats are below the support columns. The Field Box seats are prime. Their views extraordinary. That being said, if you do have Bleacher seats buy them anyway. Watching a game from the bleachers is like being in a frat house on pledge night and a game happens to be on in the background. The game is secondary to beer drinking and tomfoolery. But hey, at least you're in the park; which is a lot more than you can say for a lot of Bostonians who have been outpriced thanks to money-hungry owners. But that's fodder for another web site.

4. Re: Another question about Fenway...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, August 16, 2009