We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Logan Express Bus to Copley Square -use the MBTA 7day-pass?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Logan Express Bus to Copley Square -use the MBTA 7day-pass?

Upon our arrival into Logan Airport Terminal E on Friday, Jul18th, we are planning to take the Logan Express Bus to Copley Square. We are also planning to buy a 7-day MBTA pass.

Questions:

1. Can we buy the MBTA pass in Terminal E?

2. If so, where is the location of the fare vending machine in the terminal E? (looked at the map and can't find it)

3. Can we use the 7-day pass on the Logan Express bus?

I've sent out these questions to the Logan Airport and MBTA Customer Service team but haven't heard back so I'm trying the Boston Forum. Thanks for your help.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,623 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Logan Express Bus to Copley Square -use the MBTA 7day-pass?

The Massport page says that riders with a "current, valid MBTA pass" ride free on the shuttle. So I would imagine that includes the 7-day pass. You can buy the 7 day pass at any MBTA fare vending machine. At Terminal E, they should have a vending machine near the Silver Line bus stop, at the Ground Transportation area. It's usually either just inside the terminal doors, or outside under cover near the stop itself. If you can't find it, ask a security or information agent.

Toronto
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Logan Express Bus to Copley Square -use the MBTA 7day-pass?

A million thanks for your quick response!!

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,464 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Logan Express Bus to Copley Square -use the MBTA 7day-pass?

I looked at the map for Terminal E and I also don't see the icon for MBTA vending machines. I do see them for the other terminals.

I would recommend you seek out the information booth and ask them for where it is located rather than wander around.

I am sure you will be able to buy the pass somewhere.

FYI: I took the Copley Sq. shuttle a few weeks ago and showed them my monthly pass, they have no way to swipe it to check it. I am sure the 7-day link pass will be sufficient.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
21,504 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Logan Express Bus to Copley Square -use the MBTA 7day-pass?

If you are asking for directions, please be sure to ask for the "Copley Shuttle". The "Logan Express" buses go to suburban parking lots.

The link pass has a date and time stamp and is accepted on buses that do not have card readers.

St. Paul, MN, US
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Logan Express Bus to Copley Square -use the MBTA 7day-pass?

We used our MBTA 7 day pass (purchased from a vending machine in Baggage Claim) on the Logan Express to Copley last month with no problem. There are Logan Express buses that go several places so check the signs on the bus. The one for Copley Square is marked as such.

Toronto
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Logan Express Bus to Copley Square -use the MBTA 7day-pass?

Thanks so much, but I'm a bit confused. The Logan airport site has a neat virtual video that shows where you pick up the shuttle to Copley, but the sign says "Logan Express". Should I be be looking for a sign that says "Copley Shuttle" instead? Thanks for your patience. massport.com/logan-airport/…

Toronto
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Logan Express Bus to Copley Square -use the MBTA 7day-pass?

and a million thanks to you, too!!!

Edited: 11:16 am, July 09, 2014
Somerville
Level Contributor
284 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Logan Express Bus to Copley Square -use the MBTA 7day-pass?

You should be looking for a sign that says "back bay", if this photo is accurate.

…mass.gov/transportation/wp-content/uploads/…

Toronto
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Logan Express Bus to Copley Square -use the MBTA 7day-pass?

Perfect!!!!! Thanks, again!

Boston
Level Contributor
955 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Logan Express Bus to Copley Square -use the MBTA 7day-pass?

I was on it a couple weeks ago to and from Logan. It's easy to find and just to clarify, you go outside to the curb for ground transportation. You go to where the signs are for Logan Express. It is well-signed and that is where Logan Express buses stop for Back Bay, Peabody, Framingham, Braintree and Woburn. The front of the buses all have their destination written on them so just look for the one that says Back Bay and if any doubt (there won't be any) just ask the driver.