We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Trip to Fenway...Guys weekend out

Ontario
2 posts
Save Topic
Road Trip to Fenway...Guys weekend out

I Know there are a million posts already but how about this. 5 Guys driving from Canada to Boston for the Sept. 2nd weekend to see a couple games. I've read all the helpful posts on getting tickets..Thanks guys... So... Where do 5 guys want to stay and Go. We'd love to party around Fenway and hit the local pubs and bars but there is only so much you can do in two days. We like to party and we like our Beer... The less we have to worry about traveling the better. Age range is 25-30.... Let me have it Experts and look out Boston!!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Road Trip to Fenway...Guys weekend out

If you love beer, I've got the best places in Boston to get a Beer. A lot of People love Boston Beer Works that's located right next to Fenway--and def. go there, but also be sure to visit some of our other beer bars like Sunset Grill and Tap 100 beers on Tap, plus GREAT cheap food, cool atmosphere and next to a lot of Allston clubs and bars you can hit up in that area. That is located on the B-line 1 block from the Harvard Ave Stop (Get off the T and take a RIGHT on Harvard Ave, turn right onto Brighton Ave (That's where the beer place is) Closer to Fenway would be BUKOWSKIS which also has over 100 beers, a dive atmopshere and cheap, good pub bar fare. The bar is located near several other bars including Dillons, Pour House and is only 1-stop away from Fenway at Hynes. Another great place for beer is Publick House (#2 Beer place in North America). It has a lot of rare beers and is located at Washington Square T stop on the C Green Line. As for partying around Fenway--you can just really take your pick---there is a great pool hall down there, there is bowling at Lucky Strike located above Jillians.

If you want to hit up some Historic Pubs be sure to go downtown to Fanuiel Hall and hit up the Bell and Hand, Goody Glovers, etc.

Ontario
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Road Trip to Fenway...Guys weekend out

Hey thanks hellobrookline, We'll def. put those places on the list. So if we are going to be in that area what hotels should I be looking at???? Thanks

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Road Trip to Fenway...Guys weekend out

Depends...Whats your Budget? Hotels in the Back Bay (where Fenway is) tend to be expensive. Some of the budget accomodations in the area are the HI Hostel on a kind of "party street" 1-stop away from Fenway and right on top of Newbury Street, Boylston, Back Bay and Bukowskis, the Pour House and Dillions (which I told you about)

If you don't mind spending some more money, Jurys is popular with a lot of travelers and I heard the price isn't TOO bad considering the location (which is awesome) The Charlesmark Hotel is located right across from the Boston Public Library and 1/2 a block from Copley T-stop. You're 1 stop from Hynes and 2 stops from Fenway there. I hope that helps. You could also stay a couple of stops away in Brookline (That's where I live) It's closer to the Publick House and has lots of good restaurants in the area included the Beacon Street Tavern, Zaftigs (Amazing Breakfast) and lots more. I would stay at the Courtyard Marriott in Coolidge Corner which is only 6 short stops from Kenmore Station. At Kenmore Station (where you get off for the Fenway game) you take the C-train outbound to the stops beyond KENMORE and that's where Brookline is--the hotel rates are cheaper and all you have to deal with is a slightly longer T-ride.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Road Trip to Fenway...Guys weekend out

Hi.

The Hotel Commonwealth is a new hotel right in Kenmore Square (a stone's throw to Fenway). This is an ideal location because you can walk to Fenway and the various Landsdowne Street bars (Landsdowne Street is the street in back of the Green Monster). You can also walk to bars on Newbury Street (upscale--Sonsie. laid-back-Daisy Buchanan's) and Boylston Street (upscale-The Vox. laid-back-Whiskey's). You also have a Green Line T stop right outside your door.

Since you're all beet lovers try Buckowski's on Dalton Street. An epic variety of beer. Enjoy.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Road Trip to Fenway...Guys weekend out

Also, you might want to check out Ana Tua Nua if you're in town on a Wednesday Night, it's only a short walk from Kenmore Station/Fenway.

Boston, Mass.
Level Contributor
913 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Road Trip to Fenway...Guys weekend out

If the Hotel Commonwealth is in your budget range that would put you in the heart of Kenmore Sq. and the shadow of Fenway Park. If you need cheaper accomadations you could check the Holiday Inn on Beacon Street which is close to Fenway and on the Green Line of the MBTA. Other choices close to Fenway in the Back Bay are the Sheraton, Back Bay Hilton, Colonnade Hotel, Midtown and Marriiot Copley Place to name a few. That would put you close to Boylston Street and places like Dillion's, The Pour House and Whiskey's.

Lansdown Street along the Green Monster you can check out The Cask N' Flagon, Game On, Jillian's, The Tiki Bar.

7. Re: Road Trip to Fenway...Guys weekend out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, August 13, 2009