We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Nightlife

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
Good Nightlife

Hi Folks

I will be travelling to Boston in September with 2 of my friends for 4 nights. we are in our late 20's and want to know is there any good night life around the Boston Plaza Hotel if so could you give me the names of them. We are also going to see a Red Soxs game is Fenway park Close to this hotel.

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Nightlife

Arguably the Best night life is on the street next to Fenway called Landsdown Street. Lots of clubs in all sorts of styles. Boylston Street near the plaza has a number of good bars. Quincy Market has lots of good irish bars and restaurants. Very close to the plaza is the transportation building in the theater district which hides a street called the ally that has a number of fun clubs and bars. Nothing is terribly far from the Plaza but after a night of partying it is always best to pile in a cab as a way back to the hotel.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,724 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Nightlife

Hi,

I'll just add two "hot spots" to the list above:

The area around the TD Banknorth Garden, specifically Canal, Portland, and Friend Streets, and Causeway St. These streets are packed with sports bars, Irish bars and pubs and are a lot of fun for walking around and bar hopping. There's also a "Hooters" bar on Friend St. which is usually very popular with young men :)

The other place for action is Central Sq. in Cambridge, which tends to attract a younger, just-out-of-college crowd, and has a couple of excellent clubs to listen to live bands, such as the Middle East, on Massachusetts Avenue.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,724 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Nightlife

Oh, another thing I forgot to mention...

Boston is a small city. You don't need to confine yourself to the area around the Park Plaza hotel. The BankNorth Garden area is about a 20 minute walk or a $6.00 cab ride from your hotel, and Central Square is probably a $10 cab ride away.

There is also a bar at the Park Plaza Hotel, called Whiskey Park, which is supposed to attract "beautiful people".

4. Re: Good Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, August 13, 2009