We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston Newbury Apartment on Heresford Street

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Boston Newbury Apartment on Heresford Street

Has anyone stayed in the apartments called Boston Newbury?....located at 48 Heresford Street? I saw one post that was a horrendous experience for the family....and now that I have the accomodations booked, I'm having second thoughts. But the cost of hotels in Boston for June/July are very high....and i like the idea of having a small apartment.

Any thoughts on the location?....it seems to be close to the subway and within walking distance of some attractions. But that one post of the awful experience has me a bit nervous.

Can anyone out there calm my concerns?!!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston Newbury Apartment on Heresford Street

The location is fine, but have no idea about the place itself.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston Newbury Apartment on Heresford Street

Thanks! At least I know the location is a good one. And besides, all I'll be doing there is sleeping!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston Newbury Apartment on Heresford Street

I've been in these apts but not in years. The one thing I'm sure that hasn't changed, they're tiny.

If you're planning to hang out on newbury, the location is good. If you have kids, not so good. At night it will be noisy at times and if upstairs, narrow stairwells. I doubt if they have central air but check.

I'd probably go with a hotel even if it's just the midtown.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston Newbury Apartment on Heresford Street

I don't think it would be particularly noisy and it is a terrific location, walking distance to lots of things and close to a T stop (Hynes). I looked at their web site and the buildings re air conditioned and have obviously been gut-rehabbed. I think this looks like a great place to stay for less than you would pay for a hotel. Make your on breakfasts and you have saved a lot right there.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,312 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boston Newbury Apartment on Heresford Street

The location is very good. I don't think it would be very noisy there, but I don't know anything about the apartments. There are always some bad reviews, I imagine there are some good ones, too. If not, I would worry. And fyi, it's Hereford St., not Heresford.

Edited: 8:01 pm, May 01, 2014
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boston Newbury Apartment on Heresford Street

Newbury street between Hereford and Mass Ave after 10:00 p.m.? The traffic backs up often from Mass ave to past hereford. People circle the block all night long looking for spaces. Soncie is a very busy restaurant with a very busy valet. It does get busy at that location late at night with cars and pedestrians. This is mostly just a concern if the op has kids. That part of Newbury can be wall to wall pedestrians during the summer at night.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
25 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boston Newbury Apartment on Heresford Street

We are staying here next week (w/c 5th May) so I will let you know the outcome when we are home!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boston Newbury Apartment on Heresford Street

That alley tends to be noisy overnight. I have friends who live there and are awakened by commercial garbage pick up in the wee hours. So if you have a choice avoid windows on the alley.

Penny

http://www.bostonzest.com/

Sheffield
Level Contributor
25 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boston Newbury Apartment on Heresford Street

We have just come back from this studio apartment, stayed 5-10th may (young couple, late 20s). We thought it was great and absolutely loved it. The company emailed us well in advance with all details, codes, directions etc. The location is just off Newbury street which, we found, is an ideal base for exploring Boston. We could walk to the public gardens, prudential centre, shops, cafes and all sights/amenities. The apartment is a studio - with separate bathroom. It was enough space for me + the hubby. It is quite a busy street so you may hear traffic noise - but it never bothered us. The only minor complaint were the blinds - they tended to let a lot of light through, but hardly major. I would highly recommend.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boston Newbury Apartment on Heresford Street

thanks for reporting back - and I'm glad you enjoyed Boston!