We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which game

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which game

Hi

I'm in town for a while and want to catch a baseball game. I have two choices - Red Sox vs Tigers at Fenway or Yankees vs Red Sox in NY. As a first timer to a baseball game, which would you recommend? Especially for atmosphere.

Thanks!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Which game

(and experience)

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,287 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which game

Yankees

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,145 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which game

It is a tough call. Fenway is such an old , classic place that it has an atmosphere all its own, no matter who is playing. On the other hand the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry is so ingrained into the fans that those games are always intense!

I think you should see the game in NY but be sure to take a tour of Fenway.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Which game

Thanks, that's very helpful!i I gathered it was a tough call!

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which game

Fenway is the better place to watch a game, but Yankees/Red Sox games are always intense. You really can't go wrong. I think all of us here would certainly want to watch a Yankees game, but you'll have fun with either choice.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which game

Yankee stadium has had a lot of empty seats this season. Even the sox recent visit, didn't fill the park. Tough choice, I'd go with the better price.

Boston...
Level Contributor
381 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which game

I agree with LoonMountainMan that you cant really go wrong with that decision.

I would go with the one that fits in your schedule better and maybe has a better price. If you are in Boston and don't see a game, make sure to take a Fenway tour.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,251 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which game

As a first-timer, not invested in the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry, who wants to primarily soak up atmosphere I think I would go with the Fenway game. It's easy to get to and in a small, historic park.

Boston...
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Which game

If it's atmosphere you're after the day of the week and time of day are big factors. Are those equal? If not and one is a weekend, especially a weekend day game, I would choose that. Otherwise I would choose the Fenway game.

Trecking out the Bronx where you probably won't want to hang around at all after or before the game vs probably being able to walk to Fenway and soak up the outside atmospher too is something to consider as well.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Which game

Thanks for all your replies! They have given me some food for thought! They are both Saturday evening games, similar seats. How much difference does that make?

Edited: 1:11 pm, April 24, 2014