We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid traffic getting out of Boston

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glendale, Arizona
3 posts
Save Topic
Avoid traffic getting out of Boston

I will be heading to SW Vermont on a Saturday morning in mid-July 2014. What is the most efficient way for me to get out of the city and avoid heavy traffic and congestion?

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Avoid traffic getting out of Boston

I don't know that you'll find heavy traffic and congestion going to Vermont on a July Saturday. Where are you leaving from in Boston, and where are you going in Vt.?

Glendale, Arizona
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Avoid traffic getting out of Boston

Leaving from hotel at Boston Logan. Heading to Manchester, VT.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,849 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Avoid traffic getting out of Boston

If you leave before 10am, you won't run into much traffic at all. That's just a suggestion, as a July Saturday, heading to VT, won't produce too much traffic at any time of day.

Glendale, Arizona
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Avoid traffic getting out of Boston

Good to know, thank you.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Avoid traffic getting out of Boston

The only time there is traffic on Rt 2 is during rush hour close to Boston and Rt 128, and during foliage season

6. Re: Avoid traffic getting out of Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 25, 2015