We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Ends "La Summa"--WOW!

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
North Ends "La Summa"--WOW!

Good morning!

Dinner last night at La Summa's in the North End was GREAT! Thank you so much SueFee & every one that dined here for telling people on TA about this gem of a place.

Instead of parking at the Post Office Square garage we ended up parking at Lewis Wharf not too far from the Boston Yacht Haven and we just walked across the street and noticed Fleet St. was along here any way so it really worked out good and then "La Summa" was just a little way up on the right and we noticed up on the corner was the Kabloom Florist Shop on Hanover St mentioned. SueFee, I made sure to write up my restaurant review on TA, it should be here in a few days I would think.

Just so you guys know now I'll fill you in! You know me by now! We started with, what else, how could we NOT, with a great bottle of pinot gregio and then for an appetizer we ended up getting Rollotini with riccotta which was their eggplant speciality of the night. It was OUT of this world too and then because we started with this incredible appetizer none of us could get their main course of eggplant, which is what a few of us are going to make sure to get the next time we're there for sure! That's how good it is here! It's called Pappardelle Melanzane and trust me, I will keep that dish forever etched in my brain and will be choosing it on my next visit with family members who will go right out of their minds over this delightful dish as well. Next on the agenda was their salad, OH their salad! It was just heavenly, so very fresh and SO crisp. It was the "Insalate Della Casa" which had the field greens, figs, walnuts, gargonzola cheese all topped with raspberry vinaegrette. I ended up chosing the "Pollo Speciale" which was Barbara's Specialty on their menu and it was the boneless chicken layered with Italian Ham - scarmozza & mushrooms in a madeira wine reduction. Another main dish that was popular last night at our table was the Haddock Bianco and then another was their veal. Did I mention our server for the night there? No? Well his name was David and he was SO on top of it all, he was very very helpful and quite friendly with all of us, he couldn't have been any more kinder. WHAT a place this was. Thanks TA members, it really IS wonderful there, I hope to frequent it now in the not to distant future with a couple of family members that will enjoy it here as well. A couple of my good friends are of italian descent and they absolutely agreed that it will be one restaurant that we will all head back to again and again through the coming years and that's a "fact jack!" One other friend of ours that joined us had been here 3 or 4 times previously and always said she loved La Summa's whenever she dined here.

Afterwards, we took a walk along Hanover and the North End marching band was practicing with the little kids who were going to be carrying the statue for the feast this coming weekend. They were only about 5 or 6 years old, JUST priceless too, they were really adorable kids. We're so glad we got to see them here last night. The next feast coming up is a "good one" (as they all are of course) it's the St. Agrippina Di Mineo Feast Celebration at Battery & Hanover Sts. on Aug. 4th to the 6th.

After watching the band for a bit, we headed up Hanover to the Cafe Graffiti. It was SO nice here last night because the heat wave we've had all week completely disappeared and there was this beautiful cool sea air floating right up from the Harbor, it was great! It was a wonderful way to end this special night hanging out with great friends! Thank you again all of you for your high recommedations of La Summa's because it certainly was tops in our book last night!

Greenville
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Ends "La Summa"--WOW!

NoMO01: Thanks for the post. My wife and I will be in Boston the first weekend in September. I had already planned a trip to La Summa based on other reviews and you just reaffirmed our plans. Can't wait to try this restaurant. I just love TA for all the wonderful info you get here.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,085 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Ends "La Summa"--WOW!

Hi NoMo,

I'm sure SueFee will chime in, but I'm really glad that you liked it. It's always difficult to recommend restaurants because people's tastes can be so different. But, I really loved my meals there too. Especially the Papardelle...YUM.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,399 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North Ends "La Summa"--WOW!

As always I agree with Beantown! It is sometimes hard to make a recommendation since we all have different tastes but La Summa is a gem. Not only is the food delicious, it is plentiful, and priced so reasonably. By the way NoMo - I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts; you are such an upbeat person!

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,150 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North Ends "La Summa"--WOW!

NoMo---Thanks for posting your review--I was looking forward to it. I'm so glad to hear that you all enjoyed La Summa. Yes--the Pappardelle Melzane is excellent! Everytime someone writes a revew of La Summa, I get so jealous LOL! We can't wait to get back!

5. Re: North Ends "La Summa"--WOW!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 14, 2009