We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston 6/12-6/15, help with best deal

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
4 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Boston 6/12-6/15, help with best deal

Dates as above.

Flying out of STL with husband and 17 and 19 yo. Plan to go to Red Sox game on Friday night (won't wear any Cardinal gear though!) Going to Fenway is on the bucket list, not sure when the Cardinals will ever play there during the regular season.

Plan to do the Freedom Trail and North end for Italian. What about Lexington and Concord? My husband loves Revolutionary War stuff. Also thought about John Adams Home. Any other suggestions for him?

Is Copley Marriott a good choice for location? We want to walk/metro everywhere.

Thanks

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,297 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston 6/12-6/15, help with best deal

What time does your flight leave on Sunday? On Sunday the 15th is the Bunker Hill Day Parade in Charlestown, right next to Boston. It is a big parade with lots of Revolutionary War re-enactor groups, fife and drum corps, etc. If your spouse is a big Revolutionary War fan, he would enjoy it. He would also like a trip to Concord and Lexington. You can take easily take the commuter rail from Boston to Concord and then walk 15-20 minutes to Concord Center. Another 10-15 minute walk will take you to Old North Bridge. The Concord Museum is small but very good and there will be a number of historical homes open in the spring and summer, including the Old Manse, next to Old North Bridge. You can take the Liberty Trolley from Concord to Lexington and back and visit Battle Green, three more Rev War era houses in Lexington with guided tours and Minuteman National Park on the way back to Concord. The trolley starts running again in April.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,905 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston 6/12-6/15, help with best deal

Yes, Copley Marriott is a fine location. It often has great deals on LastMinuteTravel.com. I'm thinking you may already know that though?

Are you looking for additional hotel suggestions? What is your target budget per night? Can the teens share a bed?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,103 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston 6/12-6/15, help with best deal

You can wear your Cardinals gear to Fenway! We don't (usually) bite!

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
3,282 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston 6/12-6/15, help with best deal

of course, the Freedom Trail is a whole set of Revolutionary War sites in Boston. Check their website. The USS Constitution and Paul Revere's House are two favorites of mine, along with King's Chapel.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,363 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boston 6/12-6/15, help with best deal

I never get tired of visiting Concord and Lexington and the Minuteman National Park. If you time it right it is great to see history come alive with reenactors. nps.gov/mima/…ranger-programs-and-tours.htm ( It is easier to reach via car however. )

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
3,282 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boston 6/12-6/15, help with best deal

The John Adams National Site is wonderful. It is in Quincy, just south of Boston. Look up this site and the Concord and Lexington sites on the NPS website. Both these would be easier with a car but do-able without. However, there' a LOT to see in Boston itself. Also Cambridge, where Washington gathered his troops on Cambridge Common.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boston 6/12-6/15, help with best deal

"Can the teens share a bed?" Good one, @Christnp2.

And thank you, BooKat. Bookmarked -- and I live here.

And kendrick's right. Bostonians are most accommodating, except when it comes to one team. There are even those who wear their paraphernalia just to enhance their entertainment and that of those all around them. Anyway, Cards' paraphernalia would be a good, positive conversation piece.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,989 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boston 6/12-6/15, help with best deal

The Mr and I LOVED visiting the Adams National Historical Park. I can't recommend it enough. :) Be sure and try to be there for the first tour of the day. It gets busier as the day progresses.

You will love Boston!! :)

Edited: 9:39 am, March 01, 2014
Daly City...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Boston 6/12-6/15, help with best deal

What is the best way to visit Lexington, Concord (revolutionary war history) and Walden Pond via public transportation? I have 6 days in Boston? We are staying near the North Station. Thanks

Boston...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Boston 6/12-6/15, help with best deal

Lex & concord are great. There is an inn at the center of town which is popular with ghost hunters. The sleepy hollow cemetery is cool.

Waldon Pond is a short drive from concord center.

Also, if you like history, take the ferry to Salem Mass and tour the house of the seven gables, Nathaniel Hawthorne's house and the Witch Trials. That's a nice day trip