We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel and Restaurant Combo for Anniversary

Cumberland, Rhode...
4 posts
Save Topic
Hotel and Restaurant Combo for Anniversary

Hello,

I am looking into taking the misses to Boston and spending the weekend at a Hotel and traveling around the Boston area for our anniversary. Ideally I'm looking for a hotel to stay at that has nice restaurants relatively close. I'm really quite clueless about the Boston area so any help and ideas would go a long way in planning this surprise trip for her.

I found some stuff about staying at The Lenox in Boston, but I have never heard about before my Google search so I'm not sure where it stands in relation to other hotels and where its located among possible restaurant spots.

Thanks

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,033 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel and Restaurant Combo for Anniversary

Is your only criteria being near restaurants? Do you plan on doing anything else? It would also be helpful to know when are you planning to come?

Cumberland, Rhode...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel and Restaurant Combo for Anniversary

Sorry for the lacking deatils.

I'm planning on making the trip the weekend of valentine's day, so it would be feb. 15th and 16th. The restaurant doesn't necessarily have to be close to the hotel, but I don't really want to have to drive 30 mins or more away to get there. I also expect places to be busy since its Valentine's weekend, so some quite type restaurants might be more of a reality rather than the upscale (top of the line restaurants) since I have waited so long to make the trip arrangements.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel and Restaurant Combo for Anniversary

Budget?

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel and Restaurant Combo for Anniversary

It's difficult to think of a hotel in Boston that doesn't have lots of restaurants close by. In any case, you shouldn't be planning on driving at all between the hotel and the restaurant (or just about any other city attractions).

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,567 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel and Restaurant Combo for Anniversary

The Lenox is a great hotel, and a good choice for a celebration weekend. The location is convenient as well. There are lots of excellent restaurants within walking distance, or you can hop on the T or take a taxi. You probably won't want to bother with driving.

The Lenox was right at the #1 hotel on TripAdvisor for awhile. Now it's dropped down to #5, but that's still way up there. I've stayed there myself and loved it.

There is still lots of restaurant availability for your dates. Check Opentable.com. Think about the type of cuisine, ambiance and price point you would like. I don't think valentines day is going to make a big difference in restaurants that weekend. Tourism is low, which may balance out a few locals going out for post-valentines dinner.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
4,056 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel and Restaurant Combo for Anniversary

You absolutely need a reservation for a dinner on Valentine's weekend at a nice restaurant in Boston.

Cumberland, Rhode...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel and Restaurant Combo for Anniversary

Yea, I fully planned on making a reservation at a restaurant by this weekend the latest. The more I think about it the more I think that The Lenox will be the place I choose to stay at. As far as budget goes, I'm figuring a one night hotel stay and a nice night out that will keep me in the $350-$400 range, give or take a little bit.

I'm probably going to be searching for places around the Lenox that are Italian restaurants since she is a big fan of Italian and especially her chicken parm. Any reviews or suggestions on restaurants with great Italian/Chicken Parm dishes would be absolutely fantastic and very helpful.

Thanks a bunch for all the help and suggestions already.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,225 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel and Restaurant Combo for Anniversary

The Lenox is a great hotel and there are lots if restaurants, but for Italian, the North End is Boston's version of Little Italy.

You may want to consider staying at the Fairmont Battery Wharf or the Marriott Long Wharf and then have dinner at Cantina Italiana.

You could also stay at the Lenox and make your way to the North End from there

Hotels charge a lot to park your car. Once you decide where to stay, we can find you less expensive parking if you are interested. Also, you shouldn't plan on driving between hotel and restaurant. As mentioned, walking, subway, or taxi is the best.

Edited: 10:22 pm, January 07, 2014
Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel and Restaurant Combo for Anniversary

Sorellina is very close to the Lenox, and is one of the finest Italian restaurants in the city.

Cumberland, Rhode...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel and Restaurant Combo for Anniversary

Thank you guys very much for all the help in planning this trip. Luckily there were still reservations available for the Lenox and Sorellina's for the date I was hoping for. I have squared away those reservations and am planning on having a great time and some great food.