We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston Surrounding Area Road Trip

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Boston Surrounding Area Road Trip

Hi,

We are visiting Boston and are staying in the city up to 5th July, then would like to travel for 5 days.

We would like to see the White Mountains and also Cape Cod in MA. But we don't want to be driving one way and then have to turn around and drive back past Boston to the other area.

So what other areas are nice that we could stay in for a night or so down around Cape Cod and also then up around the White Mountains?

Thanks

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Boston Surrounding Area Road Trip

I see the distance from Gloucester to Rockport is only 4 miles. If we do decide to base ourselves up there for a couple of days, would Gloucester be the best place? Sorry for all the questions!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,886 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Boston Surrounding Area Road Trip

It would, but you may find more lodging opportunities in Rockport.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,399 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Boston Surrounding Area Road Trip

Stay in Boston and then if you want to relocate you can head to the White Mountains. I do not recommend that as a day trip because you will waste some much time in the car. If you choose Boston and then points north I am going to confuse you further by adding the suggestion of Ogunquit or York Maine as a possibility.

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,705 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Boston Surrounding Area Road Trip

Going back to your question in post #11, Rockport has a number of inns and B&Bs. Gloucester does as well plus some motels and somewhat larger hotels. You will also find some hotels, inns, and B&Bs in Newburyport, and a few in Ipswich and Essex.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Boston Surrounding Area Road Trip

Ok, thanks so much everyone. The information has been great. I'll book our place in Boston as I'm conscious it'll be the 4th July while there so better to have a base booked in advance. We can do a budget B&B or Motel for the night or two we'll be away.

You've all been a great help. Thanks again. I'll start researching the areas in more detail now.

16. Re: Boston Surrounding Area Road Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 19, 2014