We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patriots Train Tickets

Toronto,Ontario
Level Contributor
670 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Patriots Train Tickets

I was checking the MBTA site about the train and ticket purhases and it lists that you can purchase them in advance on the mobile app. I installed the app on my phone but when I click on the Gillette/Foxboro destination and South Station as departure it comes up no tickets are currently available. It is Sun Dec 8th the game I will be going to. if I am going to purchase a ticket the day of for the train how early should I arrive to South Station? Hoping that I do get a ticket as this will really suck not being able to attend the game.

Mentioned in this post
Foxboro
Foxboro
Massachusetts
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Patriots Train Tickets

@mbta.com

They are pretty good about answering tweets

Toronto,Ontario
Level Contributor
670 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Patriots Train Tickets

Thank you

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Patriots Train Tickets

Obviously that's just @mbta

Edited: 2:01 pm, November 30, 2013
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Patriots Train Tickets

As I understand it, you need to buy the Foxboro tickets in person and not on-line. I would allow a half hour ahead to do that.

Mentioned in this post
Foxboro
Foxboro
Massachusetts
Toronto,Ontario
Level Contributor
670 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Patriots Train Tickets

From the reply they sent me I can get them in advance with the mTicketing app or at South Station, North Station or Back Bay station in advance. Thing is the app is coming up no tickets available. Just hoping I do not end up shafted when I get to town and not be able to get to the game. They say 1900 people is what the train holds and it sells out quickly. Hmmm. Back up plan is maybe needed.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,816 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Patriots Train Tickets

This is a new app for the MBTA, so I'm not surprised that there are glitches.

From their site: If you encounter any technical problems or errors, please email us anytime at mticketing@mbta.com or call 617-222-3200 Monday - Friday: 6:30 a.m.-8:00 p.m., Saturday - Sunday: 7:30a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Please include your application ID in all requests. This can be found within the application under settings > app info.

Did you email them at the mticketing address? If not, I'd try that or phoning. They do say specifically that you can buy tickets for the Patriot's train and I don't think it can possibly be sold out now.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Patriots Train Tickets

Are you in town for that weekend? If so head over to either back bay or south station to get them as soon as you get settled.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,523 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Patriots Train Tickets

Agree with CrossFit above. If you have time when you get to town, go to one of the stations and buy your ticket. It is quick and easy. The app works great for commuters, but they just added the Pats train to the app so I'm not surprised it isn't working.

The train does sell out, but usually not until the morning of the game when people realize they need to buy their ticket. If you get to town on Friday or Saturday, you should have no problem buying a ticket at one of the 3 stations.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,816 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Patriots Train Tickets

The wording from the MBTA website is rather confusing but it sounds as though you can only buy the tickets in person on the day of the game.

>Tickets may be purchased in advance using the mTicketing app or at the MBCR ticket windows located at South Station, Back Bay and North Station and at Dedham Corp Center Station on game days. <

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Patriots Train Tickets

I think the game day just applies to the dedham Corp station. They can be bought in advance at south and north station and back bay