We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston-New York-Baltimore/DC

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Boston-New York-Baltimore/DC

Hey Boston experts,

Greetings from Indonesia. I will be flying to Boston from Las Vegas and reach around noon on Nov 12, 2013. I will start my east-coast honeymoon trip from Boston. I will be in Boston for 2 nights, Nov 12-14.

Can I get a suggestion on hotels with decent location that is convenient to touristy stuffs? My budget is around $150-200/night.

Also, I was planning to go from Boston to New York on Nov 14. And stay in New york till Nov 17 before heading to Baltimore/DC area. I know Boston will be fine without a car. And I am certainly not keen to drive in NYC! What is the preferred public transportation from Boston to New York? Or do you think I should just rent a car for one day and return it in NYC? I heard that dropping rental car in different location in US can cost a bomb.

Thanks a lot for your helps.

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Boston-New York-Baltimore/DC

Thanks beantown... at $215/night for a 5* in Boston is like too good of a deal to be missed. hahaha...

There is another option in priceline, $200/night for a 4* in Boston Common/Theater district. I have been researching high and low but I can't figure out which hotel it is. hahhaa so it's a gamble but can't go wrong with a 4* in such a central location...

arrrhhhh... decision decision...

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Boston-New York-Baltimore/DC

I have no idea what blue signs you are seeing, but I am not aware of any MBTA busses in that area. The closest subway station is Aquarium, which is a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel.

Edited: 1:55 pm, October 29, 2013
North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Boston-New York-Baltimore/DC

Batam-DE, I think the bus signs are for the #4 MBTA bus, which runs along Commercial Street with stops at Battery and Hanover Streets. Local buses are covered by the weekly link pass, but I'm not sure how useful this bus would be for you. Have a look at the schedule and map at MBTA.com for more information.

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Boston-New York-Baltimore/DC

Thanks again guys for the replies... and yes, I think the blue bus signs are bus stop.

I finally figure out the priceline hotels for 4* ($200/night) in Boston Common/Theater District area. It's either Hyatt Regency Boston or Revere Hotel Boston Common. Definitely a steal whichever hotel I get from priceline.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
349 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Boston-New York-Baltimore/DC

You haven't posted the details about that four-star, but just beware that it could also be the Omni Parker, I think (unless it has a detail like a pool that lets you know otherwise). The Priceline boundaries for that area are right around the perimeter (at least in the past; I haven't checked lately).

You might know this already, but sometimes the Priceline Express deals aren't that great. If you're going for a five-star, you probably have nothing to lose trying some bids first.

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Boston-New York-Baltimore/DC

Sorry for not being clear. This is what I did.

1. Location: Boston, Ma.

2. Date: Nov 12-14

3. Sort view by location (Boston downtown) and star rating (4 star only)

4. I went through all the 4-star listings and checked out their locations. Only 3 are located in Boston Common/Theater District area based on priceline map: Hyatt, Revere, and Omni

5. Opened a new tab for the express deals option

6. 4* hotel on priceline express deal in Boston Common area has a freebies "Free Internet in room". Out of the 3 hotels, only Hyatt and Revere have free internet. However, Hyatt freebies are "Free internet in public areas" and "Free breakfast". Revere has "Free internet in room".

I was quite sure it would be Revere hotel but after I clicked further the express deal hotel has a bed choice named "Standard". Between Revere and Hyatt, Hyatt is the one that has "Standard" in their room choices.

So yeah, I am not sure which is the one, Revere or Hyatt. I would love it to be Revere because Hyatt standard room looks pretty old. hahahaha...

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Boston-New York-Baltimore/DC

Okay just an update:

The 4* express hotel deal in priceline for Boston Common / Theater District area is confirmed to be Revere Hotel Boston Common. At $230 nett per night, including free internet in room, I think the price is pretty good.

Should I open up a new thread so people can see this deal as well?

Now... on to things to do... ahhahahaha... more readings :)

28. Re: Boston-New York-Baltimore/DC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 01, 2014