We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for any advise on an overnight trip...

Berkshires
12 posts
Save Topic
Looking for any advise on an overnight trip...

Looking to come in August for a matinee with the Blue Man Group and a night at the radisson. The radisson has a parking special, so it seems like a decent deal for $199 for a sat night with parking. Any suggestions on local hotel or charles playhouse decent eats, and how is the area. Just looking for a good casual time. Any suggestions please........ thanks

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for any advise on an overnight trip...

The price certainly is appealing, especially when you can easily reach $50.00 for parking in some of the downtown garages.

The Radisson is on the corner of Stuart and Charles Streets, with a Bennigan's on the opposite corner. I understand that the new street level restaurant at the hotel is quite good. But I would only use that as a backup in case of rain or other issues. The Park Plaza/Park Square neighborhood is right outside your door. Jae's Café is on Stuart across from the Motor Mart Garage, and there's Whiskey Park in the Park Plaza. I almost forgot Pigalle - a wonderful French bistro on Charles behind the hotel.

The hotel is easily gotten to off the Pike - just take the Stuart Street/Copley exit and follow Stuart. I don't know offhand where the parking is, so you might need to zip around the block and come in from the backside. Just go up to Tremont, take a right and then another right as Tremont hooks around. At the Church of All Nations, take a right again and the Radisson will be on your left at the top of the block.

The Charles Playhouse is on the corner of Tremont and Stuart Streets. Some may say that the locale is a bit scruffy, I'd say it's colorful. Situated between the downtown area and Chinatown, there's plenty of places for decent food. The first that comes to mind is Jacob Wurth's, on Stuart. It's an old style German brasserie and while the décor is spare the food is not. Good stick-to-the-ribs stuff. And a good beer selection. There's a fairly new place that's on Tremont near the Majestic Theatre called Intermission. It looks a little divey on the outside but it's a small and decent place on the inside. Food's good, the clientele, at least on the night I was there, were young professionals. It's decorated with old set equipment - signs, panels and tools used for moving sets around on the stage. The bar is long and has a beautiful Varga Girl print hanging. I love 30s and 40s pinup art and the one here is my absolute favorite.

If you're feeling adventurous, walk up Stuart to where it becomes Kneeland Street and into Chinatown. If you like sushi try Ginza, or other seafood at Ocean Wealth. I'm sure others here have their fave spots.

2. Re: Looking for any advise on an overnight trip...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, August 16, 2009