We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

water taxi to Back Bay

Austin, Tx.
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
water taxi to Back Bay

I'm thinking about catching a water taxi when we arrive at Logan. Our destination will be the Oasis Guest House in Back Bay. Where should we disembark in order to catch the T for the rest of the way?

If not a water taxi, is the silver line up and running?

Also, regarding tokens vs. passes? What should I buy? (We'll be in town three days.) Thanks in advance for all help. This forum is the best!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: water taxi to Back Bay

The water shuttle from Logan will let you off at Rowes' Wharf, which unfortunately is not convenient to the T. You might find it easier to take the T from the Airport into Government Center, then switch to the Green Line to get to the Back Bay. Yes, the Silver Line is up and running and can take you to the Red Line at South Station. You would then go 1 stop to Park Street and change for the Green Line. Either way, you have an exchange to deal with.

Tokens vs. Passes - hmmmmmm. Right now the T is undergoing a switch from tokens to debit/smart cards. This means there are some stations which haven't been changed and are using tokens (Park Street, Downtown Crossing, Government Center) and some which have changed (all Blue Line stations, including Airport, and some Red Line stations). It might be best to have a combination of both. For the most part you can get to most everything in downtown on foot - and besides, if you're only here for three days you'll want to see as much as possible, right? Unlike many US cities, Boston is meant to be seen on foot. It's small, compact and manageable.

Boston, Mass.
Level Contributor
913 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: water taxi to Back Bay

I used the City Water Taxi from the Hyatt Harborside at Logan Airport on July 4th. They will drop you off at the Long Wharf Marriot which is a short walk to Haymarket Station which services the Green Line of the MBTA, but I wasn't carrying luggage which could prove to be tricky.

The Silver Line is up and running and you can check out schedules and routes at www.mtba.com

3. Re: water taxi to Back Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, August 13, 2009