We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i need help, please help me

houston, texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
i need help, please help me

I just read some posting from people asking for advice regarding where to stay in Boston. And I just read a post from a girl, that just came back today. I need help I am so confused on how far things are from the hotels I am considering and if I would beable to catch a train or bus or what other public transportation that is available from my hotel. Please help

The hotel I have in mind that I can afford after looking for hotels for weeks now is the one on 201 everett ave in Chelsea, ma. Is that a good location or should I continue my search?

I am a single woman in my late 30’s , coming alone in the mid November. I wanted to go to Provincetown and Cape Cod, but it does not seem I would be able to catch a ferry during that time. That a bummer. The things I plan to do is a lot of nightlife and during the day the outlets and shopping and the Salem witch event, Boston tea party event, museums, …things of that nature.

Mentioned in this post
Chelsea
Chelsea
Massachusetts
Provincetown
Provincetown
Cape Cod, MA
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
Salem
Salem
Massachusetts
Boston
Level Contributor
7,002 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: i need help, please help me

So glad to hear you got the Park Plaza. The location is 1,000 times better than Chelsea and it is a much nicer hotel than Hojos and that price is unbelievable. You might get one of their small rooms, but who cares? It is really very centrally located in a safe area. You will be able to walk to many, many places and there is a subway station very close.

Mentioned in this post
Boston Park Plaza
Boston Park Plaza
2,738 Reviews
Boston, MA
Chelsea
Chelsea
Massachusetts
houston, texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: i need help, please help me

My trip to Boston was nice. I had been planning it since August. I stayed at the Boston Park Plaza Hotel. And the Arlington subway (The T) was so close to my hotel, I just love the transportation. It is a centrally located hotel, but an old one. My stay there was alright, eventhough it was cold as H@!! outside, my room was too hot and stuffy for me.

I went to Macy’s in Boston and scored some good deals. I especially went there for Inglots make-up line. So while I was there I hit Marshalls and TJ Maxx. It always cool to score things that other cities have that your city does not.

I went out to the Club Café bar and met some nice people. I also visited a club in Jamica Plains, it was ok, i arrived to late to really get a full enjoyment out of it. I went to Newbury street and did some walking, I did not discover how close to Newbury I was until, the third day of being there. I visited Prudential Square and the Copley place. I also visited Trader Joes that is in that area. The disappointing thing about Trader Joes was they did not sell any alcohol.

I shopped at The Cambridge Galleria Mall, which is not located in Cambridge.

I also went to The North End and ate at the Daily Grille. I had the black pasta. Was not impressed. But the North End/Little Italy was awesome! I went to Faneuil Hall and it was very nice, very interesting. I liked it. I hate at the The Legal seafood restaurant. The last day I was there I ate at the Barking Crab, (it was recommending by a local that I met on the shuttle bus to the outlets), THE FOOD WAS SO GOOD!!!!

I visited China Town after a late night out at the bar, and I totally picked the wrong restaurant. That food cost me 38 dollars and I could not eat any of it. It was totally gross!!!!

The Patriots was playing Denver that week-end so the city was fired up!

Everyone was really nice and polite to me while I was there. I would put my hair in weird styles and people on the bus would give me compliments, and on the streets.

The first couple of days while I was there the weather was like 40 and 30, and I was cool with that. It was tolerable. The third and 4th day …. It was insane! The cold was crazy cold and then the wind was brutal. It was like someone or something pissed the cold and wind off, and they came together and took it out on me and tore my a&& up! It was crazy!

But still I manage to hit the shopping, areas and the tourist areas and I went to the outlets and I did a tour of Harvard University. The college tour was amazing for me. I so enjoyed it.

Thank you all that helped me.

Mentioned in this post
Arlington
Arlington
Massachusetts
Newbury
Newbury
Massachusetts
Cambridge
Cambridge
Massachusetts
33. Re: i need help, please help me

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 06, 2014