We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i need help, please help me

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
houston, texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
i need help, please help me

I just read some posting from people asking for advice regarding where to stay in Boston. And I just read a post from a girl, that just came back today. I need help I am so confused on how far things are from the hotels I am considering and if I would beable to catch a train or bus or what other public transportation that is available from my hotel. Please help

The hotel I have in mind that I can afford after looking for hotels for weeks now is the one on 201 everett ave in Chelsea, ma. Is that a good location or should I continue my search?

I am a single woman in my late 30’s , coming alone in the mid November. I wanted to go to Provincetown and Cape Cod, but it does not seem I would be able to catch a ferry during that time. That a bummer. The things I plan to do is a lot of nightlife and during the day the outlets and shopping and the Salem witch event, Boston tea party event, museums, …things of that nature.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,523 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: i need help, please help me

Chelsea, although close to Boston, is not ideally suited for tourists, as the subways don't go through the city and you would have to cross a busy bridge to get there by bus. You wouldn't be able to enjoy the Boston nightlife either. So I would suggest to keep looking in Boston itself.

Edited: 1:22 pm, September 26, 2013
houston, texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: i need help, please help me

Also, i have been to San Fransico and San Diego and i have no had any problems with booking my hotel and not being far from the attractions and able to ride the bus to my locations. It worked out beautifully for me. But now I do not know if my hotel location is good for too far from the attractions.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,943 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: i need help, please help me

I have to tell you that if it is at all humanly possible, you should find another place to stay. I don't think that hotel is the worst place in the area, but it just is a lousy location for a tourist and especially a single woman.

It's an ugly, industrial, completely uninteresting neighborhood to stay in, and it's not particularly convenient for public transport either.

What is your nightly budget for a room? I'm sure some of the experts here can find something more appropriate for you. Have you thought about Priceline bidding?

houston, texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: i need help, please help me

Thank you so much! That is exactly what I wanted to know. You rock! I am smiling now.

What about The Howard Johnson Howard Johnson Inn Fenway Park Boston1271 Boylston Street, I-90 and Boylston, Boston, MA 02215 US

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,175 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: i need help, please help me

Chelsea is not covenient at all for what you want to do while you are here.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,035 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: i need help, please help me

No. That is not a good location. There are no tourist attractions nearby. I shop and dine nearby regularly but would NEVER walk from the nearby commuter rail stop after 6pm. It is too isolated.

For budget lodging, look at the little town of Winthrop, in particular, the Inn at Crystal Cove and Suburban Extended Stay, or Harrington B&B. you will take a bus to the subway and the subway to Boston. A longer commute but a safe area near a beach. Also, no attractions in Winthrop but there are some dining options and it is ok to walk after dark.

If you post your exact dates and your budget you may get much better suggestions.

houston, texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: i need help, please help me

My nightly budget is about 90 dollars.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,523 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: i need help, please help me

Lousy hotel but a much better location. Try the Harborside Inn or Midtown Hotel. For $90, you won't even get the local hostel (HI). You'll need to bump that up.

Edited: 1:28 pm, September 26, 2013
houston, texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: i need help, please help me

Ok, cool, thank you! These forums do help, huh? They are helpful, you all are all helpful.

thank you!

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,943 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: i need help, please help me

That Howard Johnson's gets mixed reviews as far as the quality of the hotel itself. However, that location will be MUCH better for you. It's walking distance to a lot of the Back Bay, the Museum of Fine Arts and the Gardner Museum. It's close to the Green Line also, and there are tons of restaurants, etc. right near by. If you are not terribly picky about the rooms, go for the Howard Johnson's.

Again, what is your nightly budget for the room? I'm sure someone here can find you some other options.