We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hop on hop off trolley tour?

Illinois
Level Contributor
312 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Which hop on hop off trolley tour?

I have been reading the reviews of Old Town Trolley tours and Upper Deck Trolley tours and am torn about which one to use. I love the idea of the Upper Deck for being able to see more, but it seems the Old Town Trolley is more frequent, so the wait time at stops is less. Anyone have any experience with either? Does riding "above" the traffic really allow you so see a lot more? We have a short amount of time to see the sights, so don't want to waste it waiting on the next trolley, but want to be able to actually "see" things, too. We will be in town on Wed., Sept. 18th.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hop on hop off trolley tour?

Since Boston is relatively non high-rise, I don't think there's a big advantage to being higher.

Illinois
Level Contributor
312 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hop on hop off trolley tour?

Just the type of information I was needing. Thanks!!

Boston
Level Contributor
6,675 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hop on hop off trolley tour?

Boston streets tend to be pretty narrow, so you aren't going to have lanes of traffic blocking your view. I don't think it would make much difference either way. Why not look at it the other way -- at ground level you will get up close looks of the streetscape.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hop on hop off trolley tour?

I just did the Red Trolley tour and enjoyed it.

5. Re: Which hop on hop off trolley tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 14, 2014