We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sam Adams Brewery

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sam Adams Brewery

Hello all,

I am considering this tour but not sure how long it takes and if I can get the T from the Kendall Square stop in Cambridge all the way to the brewery?

Can anyone shed some light on this please and if it's even worth it?

Thanks!

Jeff

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

Will do the John Harvard Brewhouse for sure. Going to Harpoon just doesn't seem worth the time. Seems like it'll take forever to get there.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,025 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

Getting to Harpoon is easier than getting to Sam Adams.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

Seriously?!?! I'm thinking about going on a Friday afternoon. Good or bad idea? Or is it better to go on Saturday morning? What does everyone feel on the route to/from the breweries from my Cambridge Marriott hotel? Please advise the best routes to go. Thanks all!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,054 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

From cambridge to JP (sam adams) you take the red line to downtown crossing. There you take the orange line to stoney brook (think that's the closest station).

From cambridge to Harpoon you'd take the red line to south station. There you take the silver line (bus) to Harpoon.

I don't think one will necessarily be faster than the other.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

Fantastic, thanks so much bmorruzi!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

bmoruzzi, change of hotel spot! I will be at the Copley Marriott. Thinking about doing the tour on a Friday afternoon or Sat morning. What do you recommend? And what do you recommend route wise from Copley Marriott?

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,025 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

For Sam Adams, you'd take the Green Line inbound to Downtown Crossing and change to the Orange Line to Stony Brook.

For Harpoon, you'd take the Green Line inbound to Park Street and change to the Red Line outbound to South Station. From there you can either walk or take the Silver Line.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,978 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

From Copley, you walk over to Back Bay Station and get on the Orange Line outbound (Forest Hills). You don't need to go inbound to Downtown Crossing.

The Sam Adams website has full directions.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,025 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

D'oh! I totally blanked on that part ting. Thanks for the catch!

20. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 15, 2014