We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sam Adams Brewery

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sam Adams Brewery

Hello all,

I am considering this tour but not sure how long it takes and if I can get the T from the Kendall Square stop in Cambridge all the way to the brewery?

Can anyone shed some light on this please and if it's even worth it?

Thanks!

Jeff

Trailblazer Tours Boston - Private Tours
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
CityView Trolley Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Old Town Trolley Tours
Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

It's super easy to get to with the T - you would take the red line to Downtown Crossing and hop on the Orange line there (I forget the name of the stop you get off on but I am sure it's on the website).

I enjoyed it a lot. I thought the small museum was fascinating. If you want to get really loaded, sit on the stools in the back of the tasting room. People sitting at the long tables will pass the pitchers back and you will end up with all the leftovers. They give you souvenir tasting glasses, each person gets one of 4, and I love them. Need to go back to complete our set. We use them all the time. Not just for beer but for cognac.

Edited: 8:47 pm, July 23, 2013
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,907 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

You can read my review I wrote. My husband and I went on July 1st of this year. We had a good time. It was an hour, 30 minutes on the actual tour and 30 minutes about between the tasting room and gift shop.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

This tour sounds great, thanks! When is a good time to go? For reference, I will be there Friday and Saturday night.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

Go when it's open and you feel like drinking beer.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,907 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

On Fridays their last tour is at 5:30 and on Saturday the last tour is at 3.

Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

The Orang Line stop you will get off in JP is Stony Brook, check the Sam Adams website for directions since you have to walk thru a neighborhood to get over there. Or use a smartphone mapping app.

Consider a trip to the Harpoon Brewery if you have time too. More free beer and they have an awesome beer hall now.

If you're interested in good beer, Kendall Square is perhaps the best location in the city to be. Check out Cambridge Brewing Company, Meadhall, and Lord Hobo, which are three of the top five microbrew pubs in MA.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

Can I walk there from the Marriott in Cambridge, Rethcir?

Great advice on the Harpoon Brewery. Although I am not sure what type of beer they have? Plus, what's the way to get there from the Kendall Square stop in Cambridge?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,907 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

You definitely can not walk to Jamaica Plain from Cambridge. You wouldn't be able to walk from Cambridge to Harpoon either. To get to Harpoon you'd take the red line from Cambridge to South Station. Then you'd take the Silver line bus to Harpoon.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,364 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

Harpoon has several different types of beers. Almost all of them delicious. harpoonbrewery.com I'm particularly fond of the UFO and the Honey Cider.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

I think everyone has covered your questions in relation to the brewery. Coming from Belfast, Northern Ireland, I'm stil amazws at the service ethos in Boston - where else can you get a free brewery tour, free beer and a free glass when you leave! Unbelievable. Okay, they suggest a donation of a few dollars (which we were very very happy to make), but if you come to Belfast expecting a free tour OR a free beer OR a free glass, you'd hae to be joking - to get them all free - fantastic!!

Enjoy.

ps - since you're in Cambridge, pay a visit to the John Harvard Brehouse just off Harvard Square - nice micro brewery there to sample also!