We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Eats near Hotel Monaco in Boston?

D Y
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
30 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Good Eats near Hotel Monaco in Boston?

Arriving via amtrak into Boston around 7PM on a Monday. Suggestions for where our family of four could eat that teens and healthy eating hubby would like? For me, as long as it has a good beer and sandwich, I'm good! We like quick sit down one hour or so dinners. Nothing long and drawn out. What is Boston best known for in terms of food?

Also, once done eating, what do you suggest we should see in that area that same evening?

For the next evening we would like something that does not have to be an "eat and run" type of joint -- what would be a good restaurant to experience? We are only in Boston for two nights.

Need to make reservations if it's a fave among locals! :-)

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,569 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Eats near Hotel Monaco in Boston?

To my knowledge, there is no Hotel Monaco in Boston and Google agrees? Double check the name of your hotel, or if it's so new Google doesn't know about it, include the address.

D Y
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
30 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Eats near Hotel Monaco in Boston?

Oops! It's REVERE HOTEL (on Stuart Street)! I'm guessing Boston is known for it's seafood so wouldn't mind eating at one while here. Thank you for finding the error early on. . . :-)

Boston
Level Contributor
6,777 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Eats near Hotel Monaco in Boston?

There's a Legal Seafoods in Park Square not far from your hotel. One night you should eat in the North End (Italian neighborhood). There are lots and lots of restaurants there and nobody will agree on a best one. For red sauce Italian-American I like Cantina Italiana. For higher end Northern Italian there are Prezza and Mamma Maria.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,569 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Eats near Hotel Monaco in Boston?

Legals is a great suggestion, but may not be quite what you are after that first night after a long day of travel (and possibly eating a bit late for your family).

Your hotel is very close to Chinatown. It might be fun to take a short walk over, explore a bit and pick an appealing spot. The Zagat ratings on windows are usually a safe bet in identifying the highly rated places, or you could ask (or research) for specific recommendations if you are the type who prefers to plan things out.

Are you planning to be checked into your hotel and ready to head out at 7pm? Or does your train arrive at 7pm? My suggestion assumes that latter, but if you are confident you have lots more time to explore, then I'd maybe suggest heading to Back Bay/Newbury street for your first night of exploration and dinner.

Chinatown isn't just Chinese cuisine. In Boston, it has restaurants featuring a variety of Asian cuisines.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,169 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Eats near Hotel Monaco in Boston?

If you like Thai food, Montien on Stuart St. is close to the Revere and is an excellent restaurant. You can get salads or stir fry entrees for the healthy eaters. There's also plenty of seafood on their menu if you want.

6. Re: Good Eats near Hotel Monaco in Boston?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 10, 2014