We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch Near Fenway Park?

Texas
Level Contributor
5,987 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch Near Fenway Park?

Hello!

I've been planning this trip since October, so it's hard to believe the Mr. & I will be in Boston on Monday (finally!) :D

A thread I recently read has made me rethink my Monday plan.

Here is what I WAS thinking:

Arrive via rental car from Newport Monday, morning @ approximately 11:00 a.m.

Drop off the rental car @ the Park Plaza location.

Check in at the Copley Square Hotel (or at least ditch the luggage there!)

Lunch @ The Salty Pig

Buy a week long pass for the T

Head to Fenway Park to book a tour.

"Kill time" if needed in area.

Tour, then return back to the hotel for (hopefully) room assignment.

AFTER reading that Fenway Park tours often sell out, I am wondering if our best bet is to head to Fenway immediately after dropping off our luggage to get tour tickets.

If so, can anyone recommend a lunch location near Fenway?

Thanks and have a GREAT day everyone!

Edited: 7:29 am, June 25, 2013
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,626 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch Near Fenway Park?

If you want your lunch baseball oriented, then Jerry Remi's makes sense.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,987 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch Near Fenway Park?

Thanks Alanm! I'll check out the reviews. The Mr. is a sports nut so if they have memorabilia he'd probably LOVE it!

Boston
Level Contributor
6,514 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch Near Fenway Park?

Eastern Standard is a great place for lunch near Fenway.

www.easternstandardboston.com/ES_viewer.html

Jerry Remy's is so-so pub food. I was in the Fenway location last month and can't remember if there was memorabilia. Maybe you can drop in for a drink and check it out.

The Bleacher Bar is a cool spot. It's under the bleachers and looks out to the field. They let people take turns sitting at the tables that look out to the field. There are only a couple. Don't know how long the wait would be to do that. Maybe pop in there for a drink to check it out.

http://bleacherbarboston.com/flash/

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch Near Fenway Park?

I generally go to Boston Beer Works near Fenway for lunch then the other spots for food. RemDawgs is decent but I dont think they have memorabilia or that much of it.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,987 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch Near Fenway Park?

After reading the reviews Eastern Standard might be the winner! I guess we will wait and see what time the tour is and how much time we have to eat. If its going to be a 'fast' lunch one of the other suggestions would probably work better. Thanks Y'all for all the replies!

We are on serious count down now and can't wait!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
275 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch Near Fenway Park?

Hi! I'm wondering what you're doing for the rest of the week in Boston? You are buying a 1 week pass to take public transport in Boston, correct?

I think you should wait until you're closer to arrival to check the weather- we have ridiculously moody weather here, so you could get scorching hot, pouring rain, or some of both, snow, hail... whatever!

Here's an idea for you - relax... drop your bags at the hotel and mosey over to Fenway. Grab a fenway frank/appetizer at BLEACHER BAR.

http://bleacherbarboston.com/flash/#/about/

You can sit in the outfield and because the team is away, you'll most definitely get a front row view - take it all in and enjoy being literally IN the bleachers!

Tours of Fenway are first come, first-served. They leave every hour on the hour from 9am on. Stop over there, sign up for a later tour and enjoy a relaxed lunch right there before heading out on your tour. Don't worry too much - there is always a way to see the park.

What else do you plan to do here?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,363 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch Near Fenway Park?

Not going to agree on the Bleacher Bar recommendation. I think the food is just ok. Also, since teacher is going to take a tour of the interior of the park, there is no need to limit herself to that restaurant. There are plenty of choices in the area depending on what she is in the mood for. EAstern Standard is a great choice, for more casual fare there is The Yard, Cask and Flagon, Game on, Boston Beerworks. You could wander and just decide which menu beckons you.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,987 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lunch Near Fenway Park?

Thanks Mahj! Was it you that was planning a tour not too long ago? If so, how was it?

LTW, yes we are planning to buy the week long pass for public transportation. We were in Boston in 08 and it worked well for us. :) Here is a peek into our day by day itinerary. Some things are from our 'unfinished business list' other things are repeats because we enjoyed them so much the first time!

Monday: Check in @ Copley Square Hotel

Fenway Park Tour

Walking tour of Beacon Hill with Boston By Foot (5:30)

Tuesday: John Adams Historic Park Tour (Quincy)

JFK Museum and Presidential Library

Wednesday: Paul Revere House

Old North Church

Wander around the North End

Dress Rehearsal of the Boston Pops Concert

Thursday: Reading of the Declaration of Independence @ the Old State House

USS Constitution Turn Around Cruise

Possibly a "Ben Franklin Son of Boston" walking tour with Boston By Foot

Fireworks

Friday: Trip to Brookline to visit JFK Childhood home and a wander around Coolidge Corner

Clam Bake on Spectacle Island by Summer Shack

Saturday: The HAHVAHD Tour

Boston Public Garden to ride the Swan Boats and see the Make Way for Ducklings statues

Sunday: Photo Walks Tour of the Back Bay with Saba

Plane departs for home :( at 5:25

Somewhere in there we'd like to take a tour of the Boston Public Library. Hopefully this schedule is 'loose enough' that it will allow for some flexibility and some unforeseen moments. #grin

Edited: 4:12 pm, June 25, 2013
Dallas TX
Level Contributor
214 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lunch Near Fenway Park?

Going to the game Thursday night (rain permitting) - would these places by Fenway be too crowded before a game? What time would we have to get there?

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,270 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Lunch Near Fenway Park?

Teacher91, I like your itinerary. Sounds like a great time.

dallasposter, it will be crowded around Fenway but fun. I'm sure if you go about two hours before game time, you'll be able to get into most restaurants.