We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
pittsburgh
2 posts
Save Topic
Logasn Airport traffic (reply)

BeansAndCod and AlanM thanks! I did look at google and the roads you mentioned. If I am in the area during or near rushhour times, does it make sense incoming to take 93 S to 128 East to 1 to 60 to 1A? And reverse that outbound? -J

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Logasn Airport traffic (reply)

The option you mention above - you meant 128 North, right? Rt 128 (I-95 to those outside of the metro Boston area) is a major connecting artery from I-93 to get east or west. I know.... it looks east/west but the signage will say north/south - trust me, it's not fun to drive here if you're from anywhere else.

Yes, if you take Rt 128 north to Rt 1 South and then proceed as you mention you will get to Logan. Be warned - congestion at the interchange of 128 and 93 can be hairy. Sometimes it's downright dangerous. You have merging traffic on and off using the same lane and crossing in front of each other.

Honestly, take the I-93 south into Boston and take the airport exit. It's the first exit as the artery heads underground and it's well marked. Once you take that exit you are literally 10 minutes from the airport.

Is flying into Manchester, NH an option? If you're spending your time up there rather than in Boston it makes more sense.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,923 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Logasn Airport traffic (reply)

I agree with beansandcod. By the way, the traffic is pretty much "one-dimensional" on that end of 93. Coming south, it's only congested in the morning and going north in the evening - usually at least. Perhaps that tidbit will help.

3. Re: Logasn Airport traffic (reply)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, August 16, 2009