We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Bloomfield Hills...
Level Contributor
29 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Great hotel for family of tourists

We are looking for a terrific hotel for our family of four. We will be in Boston for four days and plan on doing all the tourist-y sights including the Constitution/Freedom Trail/Boston Commons/Sox game. Price not a consideration - any ideas? Have stayed at the Boston Harbor many times, but TA reviews not so good. Thanks.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great hotel for family of tourists

Good morning DetroitMom,

I stayed at Jury's in Washington, DC last weekend and the Jury's Boston Hotel located at 350 Stuart St. in Boston, MA is only a few years old so I'm SURE it would be quite nice. We absolutely loved the DC Jury's. The rooms were stunning in their decor, the staff couldn't have been any more accommodating with our needs and always with smiles on their faces and we loved their Pub & restaurant in the lobby they were terrific! There wasn't one "attitude" in that establishment, every one was SO helpful and friendly. The rates for Boston's Jury are averaging $320 a night on TA's site. If I were you, I'd call them direct for reservations because we did that and got the rooms at incredible rates ($125 a night); it was well worth it, so check it out to see what you can do this way.

Another fabulous Hotel that is getting very good reviews quite a bit and is in a fantastic location for everything in Boston is the Langham Hotel located at 250 Franklin St. in the Financial District. It's a hop, skip and a jump to Faneuil Hall, the North End, the Children's Museum, the Aquarium and of course the Freedom Trail as well as the MBTA "The T" is only a couple of blocks away in either direction. Just read the reviews here and you'll see what I mean.

The Custom House Marriott Hotel located at 3 McKinley Sq. is another fantastic Hotel that is right smack in the middle of the Quincy Market area, in fact it's right across the street from it. They have a 360 degree view on their top floor that is out of this world, it's a bird's eye view of Boston from all the different angles. The only only thing about this hotel? At night when all the bars get out around the Quincy Market area around quarter of 2 in the morning or so? It gets a "little loud" with the drunks. That's one of the complaints that's pretty loud and clear here, if you can sleep through it then you'll all be quite happy here! May be if you time your visit when you stay here? For instance, earlier in the week check in's? It would be a little more quieter for you late at night! Usually from what I remember (way back when) from a Thursday to a Sunday night it gets pretty crowded and loud leaving "those places!"

In any case, you have quite a lot of choices as well as so many more beautiful establishments located in the Back Bay as well as on the Waterfront and Cambridge across the river has some stunning Hotels such as the Hotel Marlowe that a lot of people really like, so check them out by reading the reviews right here on TA, they were extremely helpful for me when I went to DC, in fact I'll rely on this site no matter where I go after using it this last time, it couldn't have worked out any better.

Keep checking back here for other great suggestions, I'm sure you'll see them.

Have a great time with your family!

Boston, Mass.
Level Contributor
913 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great hotel for family of tourists

I would definately check out Jury's. Great spot and good reviews.

Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great hotel for family of tourists

We stayed at the Hotel Marlowe, right by the Science Museum in Cambridge.... I highly recommend it!

4. Re: Great hotel for family of tourists

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 16, 2009