We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long to clear customs/immigration at BOS 13.30 on a Sat.

Dundee
Level Contributor
178 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
How long to clear customs/immigration at BOS 13.30 on a Sat.

Can anyone please advise an average time to clear customs/immigration at Terminal E on a Saturday afternoon, Flight from Dublin arrives at 1.30pm. this August.

Also, how long would it usually take from the airport, using the "T" system, down to the Theatre

District for our Hotel.

Many thanks.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,142 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long to clear customs/immigration at BOS 13.30 on a Sat.

Hi, if you have a direct flight from Dublin to Boston you will go through customs in at the airport in Dublin (makes it very easy!) I am not good at estimating time on the T, so hopefully someone else will chime in.

Dundee
Level Contributor
178 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long to clear customs/immigration at BOS 13.30 on a Sat.

Hi Kendrick,

The flights from Dublin to Boston, for the next six months, all clear customs/immigration in Boston, Aer Lingus/US customs have changed many flights. Wish we knew of these changes when we booked at the end of last year, as that was the attraction to fly with Aer Lingus.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,142 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long to clear customs/immigration at BOS 13.30 on a Sat.

Oh that's a shame! It was so convenient to do it in Dublin when we were there last year. The time it takes in Boston will be dependent on so many things including other flights coming in at the same time it is hard to predict.

Derby, UK
Level Contributor
906 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long to clear customs/immigration at BOS 13.30 on a Sat.

We were on that flight the week before last, and were also expecting to clear US immigration in Dublin :( Anyway, we landed about 45 minutes early and got through in about 30/40 minutes though it did feel like a lot longer!

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,122 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long to clear customs/immigration at BOS 13.30 on a Sat.

Time to clear Customs is variable. Delayed flights (even if it's not yours that is delayed) can cause longer lines than anticipated.

For precise time estimates for how long it will take to get to your hotel, use maps.google.com Enter Logan airport, "get directions", your hotel name, then hit the train icon. You can even enter day and time you are making the trip and look at various options (some are a bit faster, but would require more walking with your luggage).

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,519 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How long to clear customs/immigration at BOS 13.30 on a Sat.

I would advise you to take a cab instead of the T.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How long to clear customs/immigration at BOS 13.30 on a Sat.

I don't want to guess at a time for clearing customs, but my experience has been that Boston is much more efficient than New York. I've rarely had long delays. If you take the T, allow half to three quarters of an hour, including walking at each end and waiting for connections. I live downtown and have gotten to Logan in 20 minutes on the T, but I wouldn't count on that sort speed normally.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How long to clear customs/immigration at BOS 13.30 on a Sat.

1:30 is a great time to leave and 30-40 minutes is correct.

Dundee
Level Contributor
178 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How long to clear customs/immigration at BOS 13.30 on a Sat.

Thanks for everyone's help. Looks likely that I may get to my Hotel around 3.15 - 3.30pm, if we get a taxi.

Went on Taxifare finder and it should only be $30 incuding toll fees and tips, so the Taxi seems the best option.

Thanks again.

10. Re: How long to clear customs/immigration at BOS 13.30 on a Sat.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 02, 2014