We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marathon & hotels

London
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Marathon & hotels

I am staying in Boston for the marathon weekend (not running it!) and was wondering on the day of the marathon how easy it would be to either get a taxi or use public transport. We are actually leaving Boston for New York on the day of the marathon!

Also we are staying at the Midtown hotel as this was one of only ones that was still available, any opinions on the hotel?

North Shore...
Level Contributor
810 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Marathon & hotels

Check the reviews for the Midtown Hotel at:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60745-d94350-R…

Taking the subway to the airport, Back Bay Station, South Station or elsewhere should not be a problem. It is a holiday for many people and those not attending the Marathon will not be at or commuting to or from work on that day. Taxis should also be accessible if you are away from the Marathon route. Have the concierge or doorman obtain a taxi for you in advance.

Level Contributor
421 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marathon & hotels

The hotel is generally a convenient location, but it's within a few blocks of the end of the marathon. Taxis can get around the crowds no problem, but it really depends on the time of your flight...I agree with the previous poster that you should have the hotel book the taxi in advance, and also get their advice if you should leave a little bit earlier than usual if your flight is in the afternoon. The subway would generally be fine- I haven't been in downtown for the marathon in a few years, but it's likely that it would be crowded during the afternoon hours as the marathon runners are coming in. Have a great trip.