We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinion of accomodation at 'Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel'

Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Opinion of accomodation at 'Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel'

Hello,

Would appreciate any feedback about the location and standard of the 'Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel' please. We are two families (4 adults and 4 children) travelling from Australia and are looking for accomodation in Boston in September for four nights. We were hoping to book a Hotel for under $300 per room per night.

Many thanks

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
185 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opinion of accomodation at 'Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel'

The location is excellent, I have not been inside but I have not heard anything bad. It is the old police headquarters. It is on the corner of Berkley and Stuart with all kinds of restaurants on Boylston St just a block or two away. Boston is very compact with many sights within walking distance and for those that are not you can hop on the T at Arlington (green line) or Back Bay (orange line).

Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opinion of accomodation at 'Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel'

Thanks so much for feedback

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,626 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Opinion of accomodation at 'Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel'

Loew's just recently purchased the hotel, so I wouldn't envision any major detrimental changes have occurred in the meantime.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,289 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Opinion of accomodation at 'Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel'

September is an expensive time in Boston. This hotel originally opened as a Jury's. and as mentioned Leows just bought it. I forget what it was in between those two. Location is good and if you can get this hotel at a price you like then why not?

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,270 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Opinion of accomodation at 'Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel'

Jury's changed the name of the hotel to The Back Bay Hotel, and now it is a Loew's. I can't imagine they've made any major changes. I stayed in a Loew's hotel in NYC two years ago and it was very nice.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,996 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Opinion of accomodation at 'Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel'

It has always been a very well regarded property, when it was first a Jury's, and then the Back Bay Hotel. I would imagine Loew's to keep the same level of service and quality. As for location, it's an excellent location for tourism, right in the heart of the Back Bay, close to the T and all the attractions.

Boston...
Level Contributor
414 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Opinion of accomodation at 'Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel'

I agree. I haven't been inside in a few years; it was still Jury's the last time I was there, and it was very beautiful. The locations is great too. You really can't tell it was a former police headquarters either.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,935 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Opinion of accomodation at 'Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel'

It looks like the Loews BB has rooms with either a king or two double beds. In the U.S., double beds are smaller than you might expect and some couples find it uncomfortably crowded for sharing. The kids might too. Queen sized beds would be preferable.

If you provide exact dates, forum members may have additional suggestions. Since hotel prices fluctuate wildly, we don't know what might be on budget for you at the time of your visit.

Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Opinion of accomodation at 'Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel'

Thanks all for responses. We have booked and are very excited about travelling to the US

sj
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Opinion of accomodation at 'Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel'

Call, if possible, or send an email to the front desk, This hotel has the most accommodating staff you are likely to find anywhere. Just there last week from the US west coast. Can't imagine that you won't be taken care of in the most gracious way. Good travels to you and your family.

cali_cpl2013