We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Sox

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Red Sox

Good morning from England, glad you got both of the B------'s, my sympathy and best wishes to the victims friends and families.

Now to more pleasant things, we will be visiting your fair city in June, would love to take in the Red Sox game on the 19th.

But not sure if we can make it, so reluctant to get tickets in advance.

Is it possible to purchase them on the night.

If so which would be the cheapest best seats.

Best wishes to you all.

jjds.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,299 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Sox

You can purchase tickets the day of the game. Cheapest tickets are standing room which means just that -- no seat you find a space in a designated area and stand. Next cheapest would be the bleachers which aren't really bleachers they are seats in the outfield section.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Red Sox

Wait until you get here.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red Sox

I don't remember ever seeing commercials by ACE tickets never mind several during a game. Again, I'd wait.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Red Sox

Thank You All

Will turn up on the day hopefully and get tickets then.

jjds

Boston...
Level Contributor
396 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Red Sox

Waiting is a good idea. You could always get tickets through Ace or StubHub while in town if the box office is sold out or the line is too long for some reason. The cheaper tickets (Upper Bleacher, Standing Room, Grandstand) sell out the fastest, but the best and most expensive tickets haven't been selling out lately.

Boston...
Level Contributor
104 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Red Sox

I agree with waiting. I would've said differently a few years ago but last year, tickets could be had for a few dollars to sit in the bleachers. My gym is right at Fenway and people would walk buy and just drop tickets off (that is how bad the Sox were last year). This year, they aren't selling out and even if they were, there are ALWAYS tickets to be had at ACE or scalpers, if you don't mind that route.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Red Sox

Plenty of empty seats last night and that's with the sox honoring tickets stubs from the previous night's whopping. Those stubs also get you in free tonight.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Red Sox

Just to update you. The sox have the best record in the American league and papi is back. Even with this the park tonight has plenty of empty seats.

9. Re: Red Sox

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 28, 2014