We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Td Banknorth garden hotels on a budget

new york
5 posts
Save Topic
Td Banknorth garden hotels on a budget

i'll be visiting boston soon, i'm looking for an hotel close or near of the td banknorth garden, what area of boston should i be looking for, also, i might be using public transportation to go in the city.

thanks for the help!

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Td Banknorth garden hotels on a budget

The Millenium Bostonian is within walking distance - maybe 1/2 mile. I've stayed there for $139.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Td Banknorth garden hotels on a budget

If the Millenium doesn't work out for you, try the John Jeffries House or the Midtown Hotel (Boston is a compact city & is well served by public transportation, so you need not be as concerned about location as with many other cities).

If you don't mind roughing it a bit, Hosteling International's facilities are another possibility for you -- although a private room may not be available for the date(s) you need:

http://www.bostonhostel.org

Boston, Mass.
Level Contributor
913 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Td Banknorth garden hotels on a budget

Shawmut Inn on Friend Street right across the street from the Garden is probably the most budget friendly hotel in the area. If all you are looking for is a bed and a shower this might fit the bill.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,059 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Td Banknorth garden hotels on a budget

Hi,

Another idea is the Clarion Bullfinch hotel, which is right around the corner from the Garden, and has fairly reasonable rates.

The John Jeffries House, as mentioned, is probably your best bet for comfortable accommodations at a budget price, close by the Garden.

The Oasis Guest House is a nice, clean place to stay, and it's inexpensive as well. It's in the Fenway neighborhood, and close to the Green Line, for easy access to the Garden:

http://www.oasisgh.com

North Shore...
Level Contributor
810 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Td Banknorth garden hotels on a budget

While it is not considered a budget hotel, the Onyx Hotel is new and funky. You may be able to obtain a decent rate from their Website (Klimton Hotels) or by sending an email or by calling them. The hotel is located about a 2 minute walk to TD Bank North, a 3 minute walk to the North Station "T" stop which proivides access to two subway lines into and out of the city, (Orange and Green), with connections to anywhere else ij the city or suburbs by bus, subway or commuter rail . It is about a 10 - 15 walk to Quincy Market from the hotel. There are many sports bars on Canal Steet within a 3 - 4 minute walk from the hotel.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Td Banknorth garden hotels on a budget

There is purportedly a special rate for Garden ticket holders; odds are that it's still above what you want to pay, but here's the link:

tdbanknorthgarden.com/directions_hotels.asp

Also, you could consider biddding for a room via PriceLine and/or Hotwire. If you're a newbie to that, do be sure that you first read the basic info & FAQS at a site such as BidOnTravel and BetterBidding before launching yourself into this territory.

Good luck!

new york
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Td Banknorth garden hotels on a budget

i saw a few hotels on soldiers field road, is that location good, will i be close to fenway and the garden? what about the nightlife?

by the way, thanks so much for all the suggestions...

Boston, Mass.
Level Contributor
913 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Td Banknorth garden hotels on a budget

Soldiers Field Rd would be a good choice if you had a car. Not the most convient location without one.

new york
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Td Banknorth garden hotels on a budget

what about woburn, seems like some nice hotels are very cheap there, what about public transportation from woburn to the fenway area?

thanks

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,059 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Td Banknorth garden hotels on a budget

Hi Blocker,

Soldiers Field Road is NOT a good choice. Compare it to coming to NYC for a holiday and staying in Fort Lee to head to Madison Square Garden. It's not near any public transit or any decent clubs or restaurants.

Are you looking out there because you are concerned about prices? It's not that it's unsafe, just terribly boring and away from all the action.