We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in boston next weekend what to do???

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Level Contributor
444 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
2 days in boston next weekend what to do???

My husband and I will have 2 days to see all we can, please help create a fun filled itinerary we are both first time visitors.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,496 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in boston next weekend what to do???

aquarium & nearby whale watch would be fun to include

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,137 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in boston next weekend what to do???

Go to the Public Garden and ride the Swan Boats--they're unique to Boston. Head up to the Pru and go to the observation deck for some great views of the city. The price of admission includes an audio tour which explains what you're looking at and gives some local history. Walk along the Freedom Trail--it's marked by a red brick trail in the sidewalks of downtown Boston. Go to the North End for some great Italian food--my favorite is La Summa. Also, have some great pizza there at Regina's. Take a ferry from Long Wharf and see the USS Constitution (aka "Old Ironsides"). The ride is relatively short and at the same time you will have a great view of downtown Boston. There is so much to do--so--what are your interests?

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,786 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days in boston next weekend what to do???

I'd suggest a duck tour, which is a lot of fun:

http://www.bostonducktours.com

A Boston Harbor Cruise is a good idea:

http://www.bostonharborcruises.com

The museum of Science is always a lot of fun, too. There are guided walking tours of the city which you might like too:

http://www.bostonbyfoot.com

Walk down Newbury St. and check out the shops/cafes/art galleries. Stop for lunch or dinner at a sidewalk cafe and watch the parade of the "Beautiful People" walking by. Harvard Sq. is also a lot of fun to walk around, too. And definitely the North End, as mentioned earlier.

Have fun.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days in boston next weekend what to do???

My suggested tour involves some window shopping and brunch/lunch on Newbury Street (take a taxi to the corner of Mass Ave and Newbury Street, the rest of the way is all walking), enjoy the beauty of the Public Garden, walk across the Common to Haymarket/Faneuil Hall and end the day with dinner in the North End.

You can also look at the Bostix ticket kiosk in Faneuil Hall or on the corner of Dartmouth and Boylston for discount theatre tickets on the day of the show. I believe it opens at 10am and people begin lining up earlier.

Newton, MA
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days in boston next weekend what to do???

At night you could get tickets to see Blue Man Group... Boston is one of only 4 cities in the US where they perform and it is certainly a lot of fun and very unique!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 days in boston next weekend what to do???

Here's a very recent thread which has a good round-up of possibilities:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60745-i48-k605653…

Southern New...
Level Contributor
511 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 days in boston next weekend what to do???

I second the motion for Blue Man Group. I have ben twice and it's really fun. Don't worry where the seats are as the theater is tiny and all seats are great. If you can get the first six rows those are poncho seats and a ball. Sat in Row 1 Center once and it was amazing!!! But I have also sat in the balcony and those were good too.

Houston
Level Contributor
444 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 days in boston next weekend what to do???

THANKS!! this is really helpful i know he also wants to play golf, any recommendations for reasonable priced golf courses.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 days in boston next weekend what to do???

Take the Duck Tour. Sure, its corny but it's fun. Then take the guided walk on the Freedom Trail. For dinner, go to the North End. If it is a clear day (or night), go to the Top of the Pru and catch the view.

10. Re: 2 days in boston next weekend what to do???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, August 14, 2009