We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sleeping outside Boston

Voorburg
Level Contributor
8 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Sleeping outside Boston

We are going to Boston from May 16 to May 19, but because of the College graduation all hotels in the city are very expensive. Could someone suggest where to stay outside Boston with a good T connection to the centre of the town? Maybe a nice B&B?

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sleeping outside Boston

Do a search in the box above on "Hotels on the T". Or read some of the last few days' postings, where this subject has come up often.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,218 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sleeping outside Boston

I'm on the South Shore, so I'm most familiar w/ hotels on the Red Line. Lots of choices in both Quincy and Braintree.

It's also possible to get a deal on a downtown hotel on Priceline or Hotwire, but that won't work if you have specific room requirements or hotel preferences.

Voorburg
Level Contributor
8 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sleeping outside Boston

Does anyone know the John Jeffries House? It seems to have good rates for that period.

Mentioned in this post
John Jeffries House
John Jeffries House
485 Reviews
Boston, MA
Boston...
Level Contributor
7,816 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sleeping outside Boston

The John Jeffries House is a good alternative to a hotel. It is convenient to getting to most sites in Boston and is infinitely preferable to staying out side the city. If they have space in your price range, I would take it. It's a busy time, as you discovered.

Mentioned in this post
John Jeffries House
John Jeffries House
485 Reviews
Boston, MA
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,214 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sleeping outside Boston

The location is good. It is near the MGH/Charles stop if the red line and close to dining option on Charles street and Cambridge street and a short walk to the Charles river Esplanade.

Reviews are decent. I have never stayed there but if you are happy with the price then you should take it.

Mentioned in this post
Charles Hotel
Charles Hotel
1,997 Reviews
Cambridge, MA
Charles Street
Charles Street
91 Reviews
Boston, MA
Cambridge
Cambridge
Massachusetts
Charles River Esplanade
Charles River Esplanade
624 Reviews
Boston, MA
6. Re: Sleeping outside Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 01, 2014