We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review on Wonderful Home Rentals?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
5 posts
Save Topic
Review on Wonderful Home Rentals?

I will be studying in Boston for one month from either August to September or September to October. I am looking to rent an apartment or a room with a kitchenette as close to Faneuil Hall as possible. I have no car and will be relying on the T and I am unwilling to share accommodations since my course is going to be extremely rigorous and I study best when alone. I need all of this without going over $1300. I understand that is EXTREMELY difficult to find.

However, I found the website wonderfulhomerentals.com that has an apartment for rent that is only a 20 minute T ride away and is around $1200-1300 for a month. The location is great, the price is great, and the photos of the apartment on Beacon St are absolutely gorgeous.

I am hesitant as to whether this is a trustworthy place to rent from though because they have multiple locations across the US, it is all done online, and I have found NO reviews on this place - except for the ones listed on the website.

Has anyone ever dealt with wonderfulhomerentals.com? If so, would you mind sharing your experience? If not, could you recommend any other accommodations that fit my needs of location, type of room, being alone, and price? If everything meets my needs then I am willing to go higher on price.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,087 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Review on Wonderful Home Rentals?

I would steer clear of this site. If you do a google search of "wonderfulhomerentals" you will get only a tiny number of hits, and they are all VERY recent listings for rentals on Craigslist and the like.

While it's possible that this is a brand new company that could do a good job, it is more likely that this will be problematic. Legit and reliable companies will have someone talking about them, and will have a history that googling will find.

Boston, MA
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Review on Wonderful Home Rentals?

Thank you, I agree. I was thinking it sounds too good to be true. I would rather pay a bit more for a smooth stay while I am in Boston.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,499 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Review on Wonderful Home Rentals?

Why do you need to be near Fanuiel hall? You may find more affordable options if you broaden your horizons a bit

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Review on Wonderful Home Rentals?

I was online also looking for an apartment and came across this company. I e-mailed them and got a response within a couple of hours. I asked to make an appointment to go take a look at it. I'm actually in the area so I'll actually be able to go there and not do everything over the Internet. I'll let you know what happens. I also think it's too good to be true.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,062 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Review on Wonderful Home Rentals?

The Beacon St. Unit is listed for sale with Coldwell Banker. Get in touch with the realtor to ask about this. Just google the address to get the contact info.

The rental cost from wonderful homes is way too cheap to be real.

Sofia, Bulgaria
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Review on Wonderful Home Rentals?

I was looking for one bedroom apt. in Miami beach and found their offer of 1120/month which is too good to be true . They do not pick up their phone so i assume its a fraud. But they answered my e-mail, so lets see.

Please let me know if you know a bit more for these guys. thanks

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,062 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Review on Wonderful Home Rentals?

Looks like they registered their domain name 4 days ago on the 19th.

newly-registered-domains.com/domains-2013-02…

The ad for 191 Beacon has been removed from Craigslist/Boston.

It's a scam. Don't send them money.

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Review on Wonderful Home Rentals?

I'm pretty certain this is a very well-done scam. The website was created less than a week ago. Here's the info:

Registrant:

Sheryl Heffernan

333 Broadway

Saratoga Springs, NY 90275

US

Phone: +1.3106781643

Email: keane_4luv1@yahoo.com

Registrar Name....: Register.com

Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com

Registrar Homepage: www.register.com

Domain Name: wonderfulhomerentals.com

Created on..............: 2013-02-17

Expires on..............: 2014-02-17

Administrative Contact:

Sheryl Heffernan

333 Broadway

Saratoga Springs, NY 90275

US

Phone: +1.3106781643

Email: keane_4luv1@yahoo.com

While this looks legit, the name does not show up on Google searches.

There are too many happy customers' reviews and there are a few little things that suggest that this is not written by a US citizen.

Oh, and one of those condos would certainly get about four times what they're asking.

Look like a stinker.

LMM

Boston, MA
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Review on Wonderful Home Rentals?

forgotmypword, that is where my course is being held so I would like to be as close as possible. If the apartment is within a 30 minute commute via train I would not mind.

Thank you to everyone else for the EXTREMELY helpful responses!

I did email them and they responded within the day. However unlike renata1981, they did not offer for me to look at the unit even though I could easily visit as I do not live that far away. Please renata1981 let me know how it goes.

It appears from what everyone has posted though that it is a scam. What a shame. Looks like I may end up dishing out a lot more money to stay close!

Boston...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Review on Wonderful Home Rentals?

THIS IS A SCAM!! Do not fall for it!! Both of the apartments they offer are currently on real estate sites for millions of dollars each (the exact apartment number with the same pictures are on there too!) My friend actually lives in one of the buildings and the doors are not keyless entry either! Please do not fall for this I would hate for these people to get away with this!