We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colonnade, Fairmont Battery Wharf or Nine Zero?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
798 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Colonnade, Fairmont Battery Wharf or Nine Zero?

Trying to narrow down our hotel choice. My husband and I will be here for 3 nights, won't have a car, enjoy nice, boutique style hotels. Good selection of restaurants and subway close by would be good too. Just want to explore the city, maybe go to Fenway and some pubs. Any suggestions?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,333 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Colonnade, Fairmont Battery Wharf or Nine Zero?

The Battery Wharf is not really near the subway, at least in comparison with the others. The Colonnade is in Back Bay, a 19th century area with shopping and museums. The Nine Zero is Downtown, where most of the historic sites are located.

Edited: 11:00 pm, February 11, 2013
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,464 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colonnade, Fairmont Battery Wharf or Nine Zero?

When will you be here? The Colonnade has an outdoor rooftop pool. Nine Zero is very close to ice skating on the Common.

Battery Wharf it on the water, but as Alan said a bit further from thes ubway than the other two ... and don't worry about the car thing ... you don't need one!!!

Edited: 5:18 am, February 12, 2013
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colonnade, Fairmont Battery Wharf or Nine Zero?

Nine Zero fits the boutique style description which you requested, better then the other two.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Colonnade, Fairmont Battery Wharf or Nine Zero?

Nine zero.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
798 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Colonnade, Fairmont Battery Wharf or Nine Zero?

That's the one I was leaning towards. Thanks again everyone

Boston...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Colonnade, Fairmont Battery Wharf or Nine Zero?

As a local, I'd take Fairmont Battery Wharf any day over Nine Zero and the Colonnade. It is the newest and coolest of the 3. Battery wharf has BMW car service over the Colonnades smart car - go luxury

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Colonnade, Fairmont Battery Wharf or Nine Zero?

Hmmm, another first-time poster cheerleading for Battery Wharf. Interesting trend.

8. Re: Colonnade, Fairmont Battery Wharf or Nine Zero?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 15, 2014