We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A day of intensive shopping

Derby, UK
Level Contributor
916 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
A day of intensive shopping

We're planning to have one day of intensive shopping during our trip to Boston in April. It will mainly to buy clothes from department stores (my husband loves Timberland and Rockport) but I also like gift shops. So, far on our list is Cambridge Galleria, Faneuil Market Place, possibly Newbury Street (?) and we'll finish in the Prudential Centre/Copley Square (to get a ring from Tiffanys and go to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner).

I know that it's going to be a manic day, and we don't mind that, but I wondering if there's anywhere else we really should go that's missing from our list? Thanks

Edited: 10:21 am, January 27, 2013
Quincy Market
Flea & Street Markets
Haymarket
Flea & Street Markets
Faneuil Hall Marketplace
Shopping Malls, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,033 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: A day of intensive shopping

The missing destination is Downtown Crossing, the original main shopping area of the city. It lies between Faneuil Hall and Newbury Street and has Macy's, DSW, TJMaxx, Marshalls and think there is a Timberland Store there as well, but I'm not positive.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,033 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: A day of intensive shopping

There is a sporting goods store after Macy's that carries Timberland on Washington Street, but now I think the actual Timberland Store is on Newbury Street.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,212 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A day of intensive shopping

Have you looked at all the store directories for the malls? You may find quite a bit of overlap. I would say you could probably skip the Cambridge Galleria unless there's a specific store that you want to visit.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,860 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A day of intensive shopping

You're doing all that in one day? You'll be exhausted.

Derby, UK
Level Contributor
916 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A day of intensive shopping

Ha ha, we'll give it a good go. We've got our heart set on going out to Cambridge Galleria, so it might be that we don't need to go to some of the others. Thanks everyone.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
506 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A day of intensive shopping

Ther's a great Timberland store on the corner of Newbury St & Exeter, just around the corner from the Prudential Centre. I think there's a Rockport very close to Timberland on Newbury too.

You can pass through Lord & Taylor dept store on the way to the Prudential also.

Derby, UK
Level Contributor
916 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A day of intensive shopping

Thanks PVH :)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
300 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A day of intensive shopping

I recently visited Boston in December and was so impressed with Newbury Street! It's such a cute, quaint street with tons of shopping! We spent pretty much the entire day shopping there! We ended up in a shopping mall near the Prudential Tower, as it's at the end of Newbury Street (starting on the Boston Common side)... I can't recall the name of the mall but it had lots of fun stores and big department stores.

Derby, UK
Level Contributor
916 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A day of intensive shopping

Thank you Jenny!

United States
Level Contributor
107 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A day of intensive shopping

There is a Cheesecake Factory in the Cambridgeside Galleria as well so you aren't limited to the one in the Prudential Center. Also, hopefully the Nordstrom Rack on Boylston will be open when you get to Boston in April. It is going to be right across from Marshalls which is like TJMaxx.

I agree that a lot of the stores over lap. It will be one exhausting day. Oh and be aware that a lot of the stores close early on Newbury especially on Sunday.