We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Shuttle - Using a Carseat

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Shuttle - Using a Carseat

We'll be visiting Boston with our 2-year-old and will be using a carseat on the airplane. We've not booked our hotel yet, but even with minimal luggage, we'll still also need to tote the carseat and an umbrella stroller. So, I'm thinking that a shuttle to/from the hotel would be a better option than public transportation? If so, can anyone recommend a particularly safe shuttle option that would be friendly about our need to use the carseat?

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Shuttle - Using a Carseat

You should probably go thru the hotel for recommendations. Vans aren't always car seat friendly. Use a cab, they're not required by law to carry kids in car seats. But if you have you're own, will be allowed to use it.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,090 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Shuttle - Using a Carseat

Boston's tiny little airport is right next to tiny little Boston. Getting from Logan to Boston is not like getting from the enormous airport in Georgia to the city of Atlanta - you just take a short cab ride after you arrive at Logan.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,312 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Shuttle - Using a Carseat

Just take a cab. They will be lined up at the terminal.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Shuttle - Using a Carseat

Haha, thanks thomas! I guess you knew what my mind was thinking on that! Thanks all, I can't imagine a cab here being patient to let me install a car seat so assumed that would be the case in Boston but maybe not.

Seattle
Level Contributor
276 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Shuttle - Using a Carseat

I was under the impression that cabs ARE NOT exempt from the car seat laws in Massachusetts. With that in mind, I'm sure the Boston cabs are a little more used to people installing car seats and have to be patient. Especially at the airport.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Shuttle - Using a Carseat

Cabs are exempt from the kid's carseat laws. So just give a nice tip for waiting while you put in the carseat.

Edited: 11:38 am, January 16, 2013
Seattle
Level Contributor
276 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Shuttle - Using a Carseat

That's not what I hear. Here's the actual law regarding child passenger restraints:

malegislature.gov/Laws/…Section7AA

It exempts taxi drivers from the fine, but according to google (very definitive, I know), the $25 citation will be issued to the parent of the child, not the taxi driver.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Shuttle - Using a Carseat

We used Knights Transportation to the airport when our kid was in a car seat. They even provided the seat, but we had to install it when they arrived. No one was bothered at having to wait a few extra minutes while we put it in.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Shuttle - Using a Carseat

Links are not always correct. If you've rec'd a ticket, then I'm willing to listen. Until then Alan is correct and if you call massport or the BPD hackney division, they'll give you the same info as alan did.

Seattle
Level Contributor
276 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Shuttle - Using a Carseat

I guess is massport or BPD want to contradict massDOT they'll give the same info that Alan did. Here's the info:

http://www.mass.gov/rmv/faq/inspection.htm#7

That seems pretty cut and dry to me, so I would just caution anyone thinking of not using a car seat that they could potentially get in trouble.

This is also a good article:

taxifarefinder.com/newsroom/…

The OP plans on taking a seat, so that's not an issue for them, but for anyone else looking up information I hope that this helps.