We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where can you buy tickets for sold out red sox games?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wv
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
where can you buy tickets for sold out red sox games?

I am thinking of taking my son to Boston around May 21-23 to see the sights. He wants to see the Red Sox play the Yankees but I thought it would be better to buy the tickets once I got to town since the game will be sold out and I would hate to buy them ahead of time and then maybe that day's game would be rained out and I would be SOL with my tickets. Where is the best place to buy tickets for these sold out games once you are in Boston?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,336 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where can you buy tickets for sold out red sox games?

Make sure you visit Fort Knox prior to trying to purchase tickets last minute to a Yankees game. It will cost you. Tickets are sold around the Kenmore Square area by scalpers although it is illegal. Tickets are also sold at the box office the day of the game. You'd have to get in line quite early and just see if you are lucky. If you don't get in to a game, you may want to take your son on a tour of Fenway Park as a small consolation.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,929 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where can you buy tickets for sold out red sox games?

If you are lucky, there will be some scalpers around the Park on game day, to ransom tickets for you. However, with a Yankees series, that is not at all guaranteed.

Your only guarantee of getting tickets is to contact a ticket agency, like Stub Hub, and get out the Platinum MasterCard.

Southern New...
Level Contributor
511 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where can you buy tickets for sold out red sox games?

You'll need to plan on donating your first born to whomever for Yankees-Sox tickets. I live 50 miles away and last I was there were in 1999.

Level Contributor
410 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where can you buy tickets for sold out red sox games?

empty your bank account and check out www.craigslist.com for people selling tickets. I've seen Red Sox/Yankees tickets for around $400 each.

Level Contributor
410 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where can you buy tickets for sold out red sox games?

I just saw some for cheaper for your dates. Check out www.craigslist.com often. they go fast.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
394 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where can you buy tickets for sold out red sox games?

I wouldn't wait until getting to Boston to purchase - chances of a rainout are pretty slim and your options will be limited once you get here. I do pretty well on ebay. Just use common sense, be particular about who you deal with and be patient.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where can you buy tickets for sold out red sox games?

Move on to another thought. You'll have to pay an exhorbitant amount and still be sitting in the bleachers. Believe me you don't want to be sitting there with your son unless you can totally ignore all the profanity and drunkedness. If you could pick another game the price won't be as high and the decorum might be that you could actually enjoy the experience . Fenway Park is the best venue to watch Major League baseball in the country,but not for $400 per and having to endure YANKEES SUK all night . Come back when the Blue Jays are in town.